Project Manager (software)

Tech talk about audio recording and live stage production.
---Hosted by Andrew MacRae & Malcolm Boyce

Project Manager (software)

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:58 am

http://gainstudio.com/

What do we think? I'm looking at Andrew specifically as I'm not busy enough to warrrant such a thing. Is it even worth the money? Seems like a lot of stuff that I can already manage on my own. There might be value in it though, I'm not sure. There's some cool features I like such as the ability to interface with Quickbooks to generate invoices.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Jef » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:28 am

All of that can be easily done already if you have Microsoft Office. Microsoft Outlook alone can do most of it.
"I did what any good producer would do. I rolled a fatty." - Mixerman -
Jef
Gold Member

Postby macrae11 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:17 pm

Yeah it's probably not something we would ever use, but it does look interesting. I can't imagine paying a monthly fee for a service like this, when there are numerous free or programs that you have to have anyways like Outlook that do most of this. It would be nice to have everything all together though, particularly if you were collaborating with a number of people. Might be worth trying out the free version for a session at least.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:33 pm

I like the concept but the price structure seem strange to me. Although it's web-based so I guess that's why. If I had 4 engineers with 6 assistant engineers, and 3 editors and ect. I could see it being useful in a hurry.

I think I'm going to use it for my next full band session which should be in the next month or so, and see how I like it. I'll add you as an employee Andrew so you can test drive it at the same time.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:07 pm

Sounds good.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:19 am

Doh! Before I realized you guys started a thread about this site, I whacked someone who joined with an e-mail add from that company thinking it was a spammer.

...so if someone out there is still into joining in to the conversation, sign up again and I promise to pay better attention.

My goof. :oops:
"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:24 am

Malcolm Boyce wrote:... someone who joined with an e-mail add from that company...

Wow, we're popular... That was quick. :-)

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Return to Sounds Good...