Central Station

Tech talk about audio recording and live stage production.
---Hosted by Andrew MacRae & Malcolm Boyce

Central Station

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:49 am

I finally got one. The volume pot on the until itself is a bit buggy. when you go all the way up at the very end there is a dip in the volume. Doesn't bother me so much as I'm using the remote and it's volume pot is fine.

Andrew what issues were you having with your remote again? I could make some modifications to it and send it up to ya...
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:00 am

The two things that were bugging me were the image shift at super low volumes, and the lower quality talkback switch.

You know how quiet I listen sometimes Matt, so that would affect me more than most people. Now I just lower the master fader way down in Pro Tools, so it doesn't bother me too much now. I'm thinking buying a high enough quality pot that wouldn't have this, might not be worthwhile, but if Al can find something high quality for relatively cheap that would be great.

The talkback switch is not a huge deal either. It's just noisy when it's first engaged. Does it bug you when you're up for sessions? Most people don't care, but I know the few times I'm wearing headphones in the studio it drives me nuts.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:22 am

Well, I'll have Alain look for a volume pot that could be used as a higher quality replacement. I'll let you know what he finds.

As for the TB switch, I don't know that I've ever had a problem with it on the other side of the glass from you. Now that I own one however, I notice that the mic on the unit itself is a lot more sensitive to noise from touching the switch (or anypart of the unit at all.) On the remote the mic seems to be less sensitive to noise like.

Here's a question... Why is it when the remote is enabled that the TB mic and TB level pot still seem to be active?
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:46 pm

I don't know why, but I like it. It's nice to have a separate button for a producer sitting behind me for talkback so they're not crowding my space as much.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:52 pm

macrae11 wrote:I don't know why, but I like it. It's nice to have a separate button for a producer sitting behind me for talkback so they're not crowding my space as much.

I agree that I like it. I just didn't understand it. Does pressing the remote buttom active the mic on the unit though? I think it does... but I didn't check to make sure.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:49 pm

From memory.... yes. I'm pretty sure.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:33 am

I know I used to do sessions without it, but I'm not even sure how anymore. Best money I've spent in a while...

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:06 pm

Yeah some kind of basic monitor controller is a must in todays DAW era IMHO.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:09 pm

But add to that a TB function and I'm pretty happy.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Return to Sounds Good...