Slipperman's Distorted Guitars From Hell

Tech talk about audio recording and live stage production.
---Hosted by Andrew MacRae & Malcolm Boyce

Slipperman's Distorted Guitars From Hell

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:12 pm

Came across this on Fletcher's site. This is pure gold. I've never before read the thread in its entirety until now.

Lots of profanity though... You've been warned.

Slipperman's Recording Distorted Guitars Thread From Hell
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Re: Slipperman's Distorted Guitars From Hell

Postby gamblor » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:33 pm

Drumwaiter wrote:Came across this on Fletcher's site. This is pure gold. I've never before read the thread in its entirety until now.

Lots of profanity though... You've been warned.

Slipperman's Recording Distorted Guitars Thread From Hell

i came across this the other day but didn't get through much of it because i was at work!
gamblor
Bronze Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:44 pm

I find this every bit as amusing and more informative than Mixerman.

Gamblor, I still owe you a guitar comparison don't I? I may get around to that this week...
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:42 pm

Yeah I've read through that before, but it's due for another read. The section on kick drums is absolute genius.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:45 pm

It's all genius...

Slipperman wrote:WHY FUCKING BOTHER? It's all distortion right? Who fucking cares? MORE DIRT! RIGHT?

WRONG.

When you go into mix on this stuff downstream, you are going to be hating life as you start to rip and goose various frequencies to make your guitars work in your mix... And you're gonna find a WORLD OF FUCKING HURT contained in the differences in 'Diaphragmatic Distortion', 'Pre-Amp Distortion', 'Gain Reduction Artifact Distortion', 'Tape Distortion', and f1i 'Source Distortion' f0i0 . Which is basically the ONLY form of distortion that doesn't sound like COCK AND BALLS after the fact. Any of those other guys are the totally satanic 'Gifts that keep on giving'.

Those other forms of distortion are like herpes..... You may not see those little suckers on yer pee-pee till it's TOO LATE. And you've already started banging the crap outta Mrs. Right. The babe of your dreams. Guess what, loomer? She's GONNA be PISSED when she finds out you gave her the 'Bumpies'. She WILL NOT be taking fond memories of you into her next relationship.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby gamblor » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:19 pm

Drumwaiter wrote:I find this every bit as amusing and more informative than Mixerman.

Gamblor, I still owe you a guitar comparison don't I? I may get around to that this week...

yessir you do!!

and i now have 2 working oktava mk-012's that we can do a mic shootout with if you'd like.
gamblor
Bronze Member

Return to Sounds Good...