Cubase 6

Tech talk about audio recording and live stage production.
---Hosted by Andrew MacRae & Malcolm Boyce

Cubase 6

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:02 pm

I somehow missed this... But Cubase 6 ships out to Canada at the end of the month.

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/cubase/cubase6_new_features.html

New features make it more similar to Pro Tools, like the introduction of lanes and multitrack audio quantizing. A bunch of other new features are also included but those two are the most interesting to me. Of course I'll have to get it.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:27 pm

The interesting thing is that Cubase 6 will only support Windows 7 or Mac OSX 10.6 or higher. Since my PC is still running XP and both the Mac and the PC are in the same room for now (Until will build the studio on the top floor.) I was thinking of moving Cubase over to the Mac for the time being until we build both control room upstairs.

Who knows, I might even really like it and just get a second Mac Pro at that point instead of upgrading my PC... I guess we'll see.

The upgrade is only going to cost me $150 which isn't too bad. I'm looking forard to giving drum edits a go once I get the new version.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Tim Davidson » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:15 pm

I'm with you on that, Matt. Finally Beat Detective for Cubase!
Tim Davidson

Return to Sounds Good...