Disklavier

Tech talk about audio recording and live stage production.
---Hosted by Andrew MacRae & Malcolm Boyce

Disklavier

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:30 pm

To anyone's knowledge are there any grand pianos in the maritimes set up with a disklavier system?
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:06 pm

I looked a few years ago without success for a local-ish Disklavier equipped piano without success.

You should check with Dr. Piano though. I believe they're the Maritimes only authorized Disklavier dealer.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby RoadDog » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:13 am

popcorn
A spider wanders aimlessly within the warmth of a shadow....
RoadDog
Bronze Member

Postby Cryptowen » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:49 am

Aren't Disklaviers those pianos with midi input? One of those would be sweet to have, but I bet they cost mad cash.
Cryptowen

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:08 am

Cryptowen wrote:Aren't Disklaviers those pianos with midi input? One of those would be sweet to have, but I bet they cost mad cash.

Indeed, it's quite an elaborate system as you can imagine. Phase One has such a thing and they also have "after hours" rates so it might be worth looking into.

For those of us that have no desire to buy and maintain a grand piano and want the ability to edit the MIDI tracks first hand all the same, it's like the ultimate re-amp for piano performance. Just send a studio MIDI tracks, and they'll send you back audio tracks when there engineers get a second. I think it's a brilliant concept.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Return to Sounds Good...