Forums are not all created equal.

Tech talk about audio recording and live stage production.
---Hosted by Andrew MacRae & Malcolm Boyce

Forums are not all created equal.

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:02 pm

I've spend the past few weeks over at another forum, the big one where everyone is all measuring each others peckers, and I must say I've come across some interesting gems. Here's one I found today:

I actually purchased two Monster Power boxes for my studio that have 8 outlets each. I really should have done this a couple of years ago. I just was never sure how much of a difference it would make. Well, I have to tell you when playing back music in my studio, I hear a little more depth to my monitors that really made me quite happy. Of course it's just not the computer, and the monitors going through this power conditioner, but also my pre's, channel strips, Presonus Central Station, Mackie Controllers, etc.

I highly recommend trying out a power conditioner for your studio. You don't have to pay over $1,000 for the high end one's to make a difference. I spent about $500 in my studio and the difference is quite nice. Not to mention, it protects your gear against spikes and helps even things out with the current. I am sure the higher end one's will be a little better, but the Monster did improve things in my studio...for the better. The depth of my Focal Twins have improved about 7-10%.

I'm really appreciative that it's not like that here.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Re: Forums are not all created equal.

Postby Christian LeBlanc » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:20 pm

You guys say things like:
Alain Benoit wrote:I finished my laser Friday night. It was powerful enough to cut electrical tape.
Why would I waste my time anywhere else?
Christian LeBlanc
Silver Member

Postby Alain Benoit » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:26 pm

Christian LeBlanc wrote:You guys say things like:
Alain Benoit wrote:I finished my laser Friday night. It was powerful enough to cut electrical tape.
Why would I waste my time anywhere else?

Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
www.fluidaudiogroup.com

"No one has time to do it right, but we all seem to have time to do it twice."
Alain Benoit
Self Biased Resistor

Postby Alain Benoit » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Mathieu Benoit wrote:I've spend the past few weeks over at another forum, the big one where everyone is all measuring each others peckers, and I must say I've come across some interesting gems. Here's one I found today:

I actually purchased two Monster Power boxes for my studio that have 8 outlets each. I really should have done this a couple of years ago. I just was never sure how much of a difference it would make. Well, I have to tell you when playing back music in my studio, I hear a little more depth to my monitors that really made me quite happy. Of course it's just not the computer, and the monitors going through this power conditioner, but also my pre's, channel strips, Presonus Central Station, Mackie Controllers, etc.

I highly recommend trying out a power conditioner for your studio. You don't have to pay over $1,000 for the high end one's to make a difference. I spent about $500 in my studio and the difference is quite nice. Not to mention, it protects your gear against spikes and helps even things out with the current. I am sure the higher end one's will be a little better, but the Monster did improve things in my studio...for the better. The depth of my Focal Twins have improved about 7-10%.

I'm really appreciative that it's not like that here.

Monster anything is pure marketing EVIL, remember the lawsuit campaign?
Rack mount 'conditioners' in general are glorified power bars, many studios devoid them of all their 'filter/protection' parts.
Nothing beats a properly designed AC mains and grounding system.

A.
www.fluidaudiogroup.com

"No one has time to do it right, but we all seem to have time to do it twice."
Alain Benoit
Self Biased Resistor

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:39 pm

...and here I am looking on Monster's website for a tool that measure the percentage of depth in my audio. facepalm
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby RoadDog » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:59 am

popcorn
A spider wanders aimlessly within the warmth of a shadow....
RoadDog
Bronze Member

Return to Sounds Good...