Burnsy's Pro Tools learning thread...

Tech talk about audio recording and live stage production.
---Hosted by Andrew MacRae & Malcolm Boyce

Re: Burnsy's Pro Tools learning thread...

Postby Burnsy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:54 pm

Sorry guys, I am pretty bogged down by all the studying. Remebember when I said I learn best this way? Right now, in the middle of the madness, while my brain is fried, and my tongue is numb, I am almost driven to take back that remark!!! Almost..... I'll pipe in some more when I have more time, right now I'm churning and stewing over Music Theory and Digital Audio Production 200. Breaking point is coming soon. >>> All that aside, I am truly grateful being here in school, I consider myself lucky. OH! I found out the obvious problem to my mix down. And laugh if you must, but it was a big "But of course!!!!" Pan the stereo tracks hard left and right.....voila! So frikkin obvious. >>> It's all good. More later.

As for education... someone wise once told me, "Going to school and learning a "format" to attain a "piece of paper" is only part of the education process. The rest is about learning who you are, how disciplined you are, how you react and deal with pressure and other people, and developping your brain to understand new processes, and the social development that goes along with it. " Someone else once said, "you can learn all of these things on your own, but the idea behind paying for a higher education, is attaining a fast track to where you need to go, directly from people who have done it before or are currently doing it themselves."

I would never look down on anyone who has gotten an education to better themselves, or who are willing to grab the bull by the horns and "get in there" to learn for themselves regardless of formal education. There is no specific format to life.

Some say the most effective learning comes from making mistakes.....in which case I am a master...a master-mistaker?.. .Damn you all, distracting me from studying!!! I must return to brain frying and tongue numbing.

Oh yeah, I've been part of this forum for a long time. Asked a few random questions, got into a few hot debates, did lots of lurking.... then took a Haitus from all things music for a few years. (Long story worth a late night of bubbley brews.) OK, for real, I gotta study. Peace
Last edited by Burnsy on Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burnsy
Bronze Member

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:59 pm

Tom. So glad to hear things are busy and exciting for you these days. Keep focused, but when you get a minute, and need a break, stop in and pay us a visit.

Best of luck with your studies.
"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby macrae11 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:51 pm

Update:

Just installed 10.2 and is currently running flawlessly with a smooth install on a two year old session originally done in PT7.something or other. Will have to wait and see how stability is affected. I'm beginning to suspect my recent stability issues are actually due to a video card problem since I'm having all kinds of weird video issues at the moment.

Not trying to rub it in Burnsy.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Burnsy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:58 pm

It's quite alright. I haven't tried the new update since, and I have no plans on doing it either...until I get a new computer, which is in the works.
Burnsy
Bronze Member

Previous

Return to Sounds Good...