I <3 Holdings

Tech talk about audio recording and live stage production.
---Hosted by Andrew MacRae & Malcolm Boyce

I <3 Holdings

Postby Alain Benoit » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:45 am

New professional studio in the area.
Speaking of automatic files.

http://iheartholdings.com/

http://iheartholdings.com/Recording_Services.html
www.fluidaudiogroup.com

"No one has time to do it right, but we all seem to have time to do it twice."
Alain Benoit
Self Biased Resistor

Re: I <3 Holdings

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:33 pm

Hmmmm... Does anyone know this place or person? The name sounds familiar.
"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:36 pm

Is it in the Saint John area?
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Alain Benoit » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:38 pm

Does anyone know the rates for the recording services?

A.
www.fluidaudiogroup.com

Alain Benoit
Self Biased Resistor

Postby Burnsy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:49 pm

Oh, yes..... I remember the name. "The Dow-man," ring a bell to anyone?
Burnsy
Bronze Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:00 pm

Alain Benoit wrote:Does anyone know the rates for the recording services?

A.

No mention of it on the website. But I found rates for their "publishing" services.

http://iheartholdings.com/Publishing_Services.html

I <3 Holdings wrote:Digital I ♥ Holdings Ltd. Publishing Package

Some of the digital music stores that I ♥ Holdings Ltd. publishing uses are iTunes, Zune, Google Play, and Spotify. We also will add your digital copy of your album or single for sale on our own website http://www.iheartholdings.com. We are currently adding a large collection of albums that have been recorded and produced at I ♥ Holdings Ltd. Records by "Elijah". Our marketing campaign will include search engine optimization, strategically placed ads over the internet, and a social network page on Facebook, Twitter, and Myspace. All of this will lead back to the sale of your album or single! You will receive 60% of all your digital sales!

$500.00 per year including UPC bar code
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:02 pm

I checked on Facebook, and I have no idea who he is yet, but we apparently have 50 friends in common. So it's not impossible that we've crossed paths.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby sean.boyer » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:34 pm

Is this the guy that used to have a setup on Union st? By the tattoo shop? I think he might have done recordings for some of the SJ heavy bands on the day (late 90's), like Caged, Drownd and all that.
sean.boyer

Postby Alain Benoit » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:30 pm

Curtis was across from the tattoo shop for a while but that was into the last decade.
Cory had a studio that was featured in the Telegraph Journal back in the late 90's, that is around the last time I seen him in these parts, so that may have been the studio you're thinking of.
I'm told he is installed in Fredericton now.

A.
www.fluidaudiogroup.com

Alain Benoit
Self Biased Resistor

Postby sean.boyer » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:05 pm

Hmmm... I remember there being a place on Union (the same side as the tattoo shop). I think it may have been the same place as Bad Moon records? I'mma have to ask the guys in Drownd who did their recording, because I'm almost positive that it was this guy.

Maybe it wasn't Cory... I dunno... Though whoever it was that did the recordings I'm thinking of, he left town with a bunch of paid-for-but-un-delivered work, and a drug debt, from what I heard. I can't vouch for that story, but that's what I remember hearing around '99 or so.
sean.boyer

Postby Alain Benoit » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:09 pm

Sounds about right to me time wise, I'd like to think that someone could not have gone too far with a client's masters.

A.
Last edited by Alain Benoit on Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.fluidaudiogroup.com

Alain Benoit
Self Biased Resistor

Postby Burnsy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:28 pm

I don't know about Bad Moon records, but Corey did have a place on Union Street quite a while back. I sat in on a couple of sessions while Corey was working with the band "Hollow."
Burnsy
Bronze Member

Postby Alain Benoit » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:38 pm

Cory's studio I believe was Fat Chance.
Bad Moon does not ring any bells that I can think.

A.
www.fluidaudiogroup.com

Alain Benoit
Self Biased Resistor

Postby dylanger » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:49 pm

Mathieu Benoit wrote:I checked on Facebook, and I have no idea who he is yet, but we apparently have 50 friends in common. So it's not impossible that we've crossed paths.

I think he just added all kinds of musicians. He added me maybe because he saw my picture of me playing. There's the people "people you might know" bar on the side of FB and all kinds of musicians come up on mine and sometime we only have 1 or 2 friends in common.
dylanger
Silver Member

Postby Alain Benoit » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:56 pm

Yes there has definitely been an active web marketing campaign launched since June 1st.
It's a good free way to get your business name out there.

A.
www.fluidaudiogroup.com

Alain Benoit
Self Biased Resistor

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:22 pm

Burnsy wrote:I don't know about Bad Moon records, but Corey did have a place on Union Street quite a while back. I sat in on a couple of sessions while Corey was working with the band "Hollow."

I remember Hollow from back when I was in high school.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Burnsy » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:09 pm

I really liked Hollow. It was cool they were writing their own stuff, and in that genre. I think some of those guys are still out and about...not sure though. Shared many a stage with them, many a party night as well.
Burnsy
Bronze Member

Re: Cory M. Dow .)

Postby iheartholdings » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:52 pm

People many many thanks. Who is a man without a reputation. You guys certainly have brought me joy firstly in that you have all made it this far. Life is full of it's struggles and complexities.

Let me make your musical hearts light.

I was an investment banker for TD wealth Management I was offered money I left 2000 Mar.
I then took my entire retirement savings/pensions etc and opened FATCHANCE RECORD PRODUCTIONS in april 2000.
As I was renovating the intereior before I opened.... being young and naive I discovered that the bldg was condemned.
I had a dirty lease no where to go no way back sink or swim. The owner pored buckets and buckets of tar on the roof
which gave way in november 2000. In less than 9 months I recorded 14 bands & played my first Harvest Jazz & Blues concert.
Most bands broke up...moved away & people settled down. Some kept going. The addiction Seekers, Hollow,Happy Medium,Hatebody Myself & the Davidson Bros.

I salute David Griffin of Hollow fame I wrote alot of parts with David. I also sang on back ups for many artists. Brad Higgins
the Davidson Bros. & Steve McQueen to name a few. I am working with Manoli on concieving some old and new projects all tentative.
I can copywright and publishing recordings that sound like they were done in a timeless fashion. I am completely mobile with my custom sound van.
I use a list gear no cheapstuff and believe in the artists I choose. I am pushing my record to all the rich folks I can. I Sent my record I recently
published to Gene Simmons it arrived May24th regitered mail. I closed Fatchance and there were tears in my eyes. All the victories and accomplishments
arkathe friendships. I can honestly say I had a great time. It was wild to say the least. The quality was remarkable. I got alot of my artists Radio
play. College radio ate the artists right up out of my hands. Many weeks Hollow & Addiction Seekers were campus radio #1 wait excuse me months.
Chuck Teed never stopped by I don't really know the guy. I am freinds with Marc Gosselin still. Curtis used to borrow my mics and then I'd send them to akg to get em fixed lol. Marc fried a rack o my preamps once. lol We all were creating a scene.

I gave it my all 24/7. With my divorce happening It was easy to move forward and returned to finance. then along comes 2008. I left the bank with a lovely blessing.) Then I started my next Harvest Jazz and blues show. I also played my first Solitary artist/multi intruments show with my old akai lol in june 2008. Ayone from Fatchance knows it took me 8 yrs to get the show to stage. Video footage on youtube and sight to follow soon.2008-2012 Still doing shows! My idea was Golden. I've logged well over ten thousand hrs on my voice,gtr. I play my drums like a savage. I hate being on the beat unless it's for effect I love the in between counter rythms melodies and patterns. I love Captain Beefhearts material especially Spotlight Kid/Clear spot Double album. I have done much more. I recorded Everyshow I ever did. Just doing the editing.

Check my website for the upcoming bands...Artists and my Bio
There's a tune I wrote (2 songs shoved together unchanged) on the website load up
http://www.iheartholdings.com they are unchanged. I brought these to my band then they couldn't play what I showed them
we were 18 or so. I have the orginal cassette recordings from 1992.
The song "The freedom Trade" is me today. There's another tune on the Elijah live button.

We can take your vision & run with it with you @ http://www.iheartholdings.com
Publish,Produce,Play,Songwright,Program Midi,Dmx etc,Digital transfer
Master,Record,Engineer,Mass replicate & market.

You can rest easy that I have everybands masters. You can also be assured all contracts were fullfilled in the Fatchance facility. It ulitiamately burned to the ground which I foresaw (Part of why I closed).

I sold albums to Badmoon and bought records from him in the 90's about 96. He was a backstreet records type place full of great second hand material. He enjoyed the Sons Of Izzakur project 1996. I recorded 5 songs for artists I produced during a very productive stint in 2000 which ended up on Saint Johns fatest or whatever.

Cory Dow
sales@iheartholdings.com
Get a hold of me. I will change your life musically.
iheartholdings

Postby macrae11 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:57 pm

Well first off, welcome Cory. Please make yourself at home, don't be afraid to put your feet up on the coffee table. Can I get you a drink?

You certainly are confident in your personal assessment, which I guess is probably a big plus in this industry. Personally I struggle with self promotion. Where are you currently located? Are you back in SJ?
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Burnsy » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:13 pm

Welcome to the forums. Good history/bio.
Burnsy
Bronze Member

Postby Christian LeBlanc » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:29 pm

Welcome, Cory!
Christian LeBlanc
Silver Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm

Hey Cory, welcome!

Something was telling me we've crossed paths because of all the mutual friends we seem to have on facebook. However you seem like a pretty grandiose guy, so I don't get the impression I'd have forgotten that meeting. That notwithstanding, I'm kind of disappointed in myself for not knowing about your shop if you are in the Saint John area. I usually go out of my way to make friends with the locals, so I'm a bit embarrased that this is the first I've heard of you. Between family life and the studio it's hard to keep a finger on the pulse of the scene and to keep up to who the players are.

I hope you can stick around and get involved in some of the production discussions we have going. I'd love to get your thoughts on production since you seem to have a lot of experience. It would be nice to get some different views on some old topics, so please feel free to dig up old topics that interest you and post your thoughts on them. A good community is based of the sharing of different ideas, so if you are so inclined (and have a few spare minutes in the day) please feel free to be an active member of these humble forums.

Cheers,

Matt

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby iheartholdings » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:59 pm

Well thanks for the warm welcome. I felt great seeing how kind and professional the thread here is. I would love to meet/work with all of you as much as possible. I am a skilled engineer with a knack for pulling amazing performances from the greatest people.

I am honoured and would like for you all to send me messages about anything musical I can help with. I am mobile and have a 24 track facility with MSP5's custom cabinets I installed. fits the bose l1 model 1's and their subs...(52 speakers of love and glory) plus the v-drums and racks. When I get their out comes the drums, monitor pa and we can make it happen.

I understand none of us can work for free. But here's our chance to kick music in the nuts together. Too many appegiators and crappy programming out there. Let's make it real. Send me your contact info...I'll skype call ya. I am up to my neck in my world but would gladly take a break to help invest in your musical worlds. I am a fluent artist. Where's that drink and ash tray? lol email your details and a bio to me as well so I can asses who's out there. I am constantly sub contracting work out as necessary.

I can be reached at.............sales@iheartholdings.comCory Dow
www.iheartholdings.com
iheartholdings

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:12 pm

iheartholdings wrote:Well thanks for the warm welcome. I felt great seeing how kind and professional the thread here is. I would love to meet/work with all of you as much as possible. I am a skilled engineer with a knack for pulling amazing performances from the greatest people.

I am honoured and would like for you all to send me messages about anything musical I can help with. I am mobile and have a 24 track facility with MSP5's custom cabinets I installed. fits the bose l1 model 1's and their subs...(52 speakers of love and glory) plus the v-drums and racks. When I get their out comes the drums, monitor pa and we can make it happen.

I understand none of us can work for free. But here's our chance to kick music in the nuts together. Too many appegiators and crappy programming out there. Let's make it real. Send me your contact info...I'll skype call ya. I am up to my neck in my world but would gladly take a break to help invest in your musical worlds. I am a fluent artist. Where's that drink and ash tray? lol email your details and a bio to me as well so I can asses who's out there. I am constantly sub contracting work out as necessary.

http://www.iheartholdings.com

I'm not sure if you understand the idea of community in the sense it is being displayed here. We are inviting you to our online community, in which we discuss audio production and music related ideas and concepts. We'd like to encourage you to just that, discuss things. This isn't a place to pimp yourself (that's what Facebook is for.) It's a place to discuss things, share ideas, and learn from one another.

Please feel free to join in on some of the discussions we already have ongoing or to start your own discussions. We'd love for you to share your knowledge and experience with us in these forums.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:26 pm

iheartholdings wrote:Well thanks for the warm welcome. I felt great seeing how kind and professional the thread here is. I would love to meet/work with all of you as much as possible. I am a skilled engineer with a knack for pulling amazing performances from the greatest people.

http://www.iheartholdings.com

Hey Cory.

I welcome everyone to participate in this modest little community, especially those who are involved in the "real world" community that exists parallel to this one, that is in music and technical production in this general geographical locale. That being said, it is seeming that you are more interested in promoting your existence as a producer/technician/musician and whatever else you might be talking about, than participating in an actual exchange of experiences here.

You are talking about collaborating with other members here as a means for you to "help" us, without taking the time to even realize that you are participating in a community of people, some of whom have a substantial professional life in this business you promote yourself as a part of. Joining here, making two sizable posts about your experiences, telling us how you'll "change our life musically", and neglecting to even answer some direct questions about you and your operation, seems to indicate an agenda that I won't allow to continue without mediation. Popping in here and globally asking people to send their info to you for you to "asses" anything about them seems, well, obvious.

I encourage you to continue to participate and, if you really are curious about learning who else is out there, use this site to get to know some of us and what we are about in this little community. I won't be sending you a resume, but you can start by reading a little about me at http://www.middleaudio.com. I encourage you to check out the sites of some of our moderators and regular visitors, and contribute to the generally positive environment we have going here.

Cheers, and have a good day.
"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Next

Return to Sounds Good...