MS Boardwalk Stage these days.

Tech talk about audio recording and live stage production.
---Hosted by Andrew MacRae & Malcolm Boyce

MS Boardwalk Stage these days.

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:43 pm

What is with the plastic signage wrapped around the scaffold in front of the PA? I mean seriously... It's certainly not helping an already sketchy coverage situation with the PA.

I know this is just something from the folks in charge down there, and not the guys on the ground doing the gig, but doesn't anyone care enough anymore to say something about things like this getting in the way of better audio down there? I know I haven't done anything on that stage in a couple of years, but that stuff wasn't up there then, so..... maybe new this year or last year?

Form over function yet again... :-x

CIMG0624.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Re: MS Boardwalk Stage these days.

Postby sean.boyer » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:52 pm

Unfortunately, it seems that more often than not, the only people who actually care about great sound at these events, are the sound guys (and then probably only half to three-quarters of them)... You're simply not going to convince the brass that that "wafer-thin plastic" is grossly affecting the sound and they need to take it down: "...but that's $7000 of advertising space!!"

Dollars over function.
sean.boyer

Re: MS Boardwalk Stage these days.

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:14 pm

In this particular case, it has more to do with the apathy of people involved in the production end of things than people muscling advertising into play. If anyone took the time to explain the crippling effect of this setup, a better solution could be found. If you want it to look pretty much the same, how 'bout just proper scrims instead of plastic with holes poked in it?

Sometimes, when you're working a gig, you just have to be the one that steps up and says... "That can't go there." ...and make sure people understand why.
"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Return to Sounds Good...