Stems

Tech talk about audio recording and live stage production.
---Hosted by Andrew MacRae & Malcolm Boyce

Stems

Postby Burnsy » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:53 pm

So, I LOVE mixing. It is fun, challenging, and hard work, and definitely a work in progress. I'm thinking for practice, I want to keep my chops up by continuously working on mixing. So, do any of you know of any resources in which I can download legally, free stems to tunes, whatever genre, so I can mix? Thanks

Tom
Burnsy
Bronze Member

Re: Stems

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:16 pm

I've never done any of that sort of thing but it seems to be all the rage these days... Try this...
"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Burnsy » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:59 am

Cool! Thanks
Burnsy
Bronze Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:08 am

Burnsy wrote:Cool! Thanks

I might even have some old tracks you can work your magic on if you want. Stuff that's already been mixed at some point but could serve as good practice. I'm not talkign about stems though, I'm talking more about individual tracks.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Burnsy » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:34 pm

Sorry, late getting back to this one. Is there some way to set up an email message to go to your email address when someone replies to your post? Been busy...final projects, final exams, etc. So for sure! I'd definitely be interested in taking a stab at some of those. Anything at all to keep my bones loose and ears tuned. Thanks Matt, I'd appreciate that.
Burnsy
Bronze Member

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:05 pm

Burnsy wrote:Is there some way to set up an email message to go to your email address when someone replies to your post?
It's a setting in your user control panel that allows you to receive e-mail notifications by default when you post in a thread. You can also selectively subscribe to individual threads when you post, as opposed to a default setting. Thirdly, you can subscribe to threads and forums, even if you don't participate in them, just by selecting that option in the board or thread appropriately.

So let's see if you get notified of this one... ;-)
"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Burnsy » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:30 pm

This humble little forum of yours is quite hi-tech! I'm impressed. Thanks. Now I shouldn't miss a beat...provided my settings are correct. What ratio should that be at? JJ
Burnsy
Bronze Member

Return to Sounds Good...