Fender Vibro King, holy moly

Tech talk about audio recording and live stage production.
---Hosted by Andrew MacRae & Malcolm Boyce

Fender Vibro King, holy moly

Postby dylanger » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:09 pm

I'm posting this here to kinda go a long with my guitar tone thread and I'm wondering if any of you have ever recorded one of these bad boys. I meant to post this over a month ago because I tried one out in Winnipeg when I was driving across the country. Iv never played through anything like this. It's so clean but not harsh like a vox, as if it were a vibrolux on massive amounts of steriods. If any of you have recorded this beast what was it used for and what did you think of the results. I can't see me liking it a lot for recording lead tones but simple electric strumming sounds really great.
dylanger
Silver Member

Re: Fender Vibro King, holy moly

Postby macrae11 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:47 pm

Never used one before but the vibrolux is one of my all time favorite amps, so I'm sure I'd love it.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby sean.boyer » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:09 pm

I've mic'd them up at shows, but never in the studio. I love those larger-than-ever-necessary Fenders. The Super Six is pretty much the best ever creation.
sean.boyer

Postby dylanger » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:51 pm

I can't believe fender even though about creating the super six. I've never lifted one but I don't think I would even want to try
dylanger
Silver Member

Postby sean.boyer » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:16 pm

It's still better than carting around one of those Ampeg 8x10's (or clones) that people still insist are worth having...
sean.boyer

Return to Sounds Good...