soundman recommendation for Feb. 2 @ Sanctuary

Tech talk about audio recording and live stage production.
---Hosted by Andrew MacRae & Malcolm Boyce

soundman recommendation for Feb. 2 @ Sanctuary

Postby Crimson Chameleon » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:17 pm

Hello everybody! It's been a while since I logged in here. Nice to see things are still up and running.

Anyways, the reason for my posting is that my band Acres & Acres will be performing with the Saint John String Quartet at the Sanctuary Theatre on Saturday, Feb. 2. Also performing will be Owen Steel and Mike Trask. At the present moment I am not sure exactly what we need (soundman and gear or just a soundman or what?), but time is running out so we need to at least find out if anyone is available that night. We are still waiting to find out from the venue what exactly we need, so hopefully we'll know soon. Is there anyone here capable of doing this? Or a recommendation as to who to contact?

http://aaacres.com/

Thanks!

peace
Ian
Crimson Chameleon
Bronze Member

Re: soundman recommendation for Feb. 2 @ Sanctuary

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:49 pm

Bang for buck you can't beat the Savard Brothers (Hub City Sound.) Get a hold of them and see if they are available for that date. If they aren't then you can look at a plan B.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hub-City-Sound/146761840315
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Scott DeVarenne » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:19 pm

Hi Ian,
This sounds like a show that I will go to.
Malcolm Boyce, Marc Gosselin, Tim Davidson, Sean Boyer. All are reachable on the Facebook.
If the Theatre isn't going to provide the PA, you can contact D&D Sound and Lights/Lawrence at 634-8806 (Saint John).
All of the above mentioned sound persons have working relationships with D&D and could contact Lawrence on the band's behalf, if requested, to ensure that you get everything you need. I know that Malcolm, Tim and Sean are familiar with the Sanctuary. Marc maybe, but I'm not sure.
Scott DeVarenne
mr distant

Postby Crimson Chameleon » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:11 pm

Thank you Scott and Matt for these quick suggestions. We'll start looking into this.

That would be cool if you could make it, Scott (well, and anyone else on here too for that matter). It should be a beautiful show.
Crimson Chameleon
Bronze Member

Postby Scott DeVarenne » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:34 am

Crimson Chameleon wrote: It should be a beautiful show.

...and it was.!
Scott DeVarenne
mr distant

Return to Sounds Good...