Programs

Tech talk about audio recording and live stage production.
---Hosted by Andrew MacRae & Malcolm Boyce

Postby macrae11 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:57 am

Alain Benoit wrote:
macrae11 wrote:
Alain Benoit wrote:You still have not told ANYONE what your budget is.
I swear I get asked on a DAILY basis from clients, friends and strangers alike, " Hey Al, what is the best mic (amp, compressor, eq, preamp etc.) to get?".
Answer, Elam 250 (Crown Macrotech 10000, Fairchild 670, GML 9500, Neve 1073 etc.)
Awesome Al, how much is that mic? Well if you can find one in good shape upwards of $20,000 dude.
What!!!!!!!! I ain't got that kinda dough!
Well how much do you have to spend?
I dunno I was thinking around $250.
Well in that case..................................................

Ah you're funny AL. You get so anxious, and/or impatient. You should never work in sales. 8-)

That is so not true. I have proven time and time again to many people that i make an excellent, terrifying even, salesperson.
Not to mention a great purchaser.

I know I know I'm just joshin ya. Don't get your knickers in a knot. It's just always funny how if you don't know exactly what a person wants to spend you just pick the most expensive thing you think of.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby oddioguy » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:11 am

macrae11 wrote:
Alain Benoit wrote:
macrae11 wrote:
I swear I get asked on a DAILY basis from clients, friends and strangers alike, " Hey Al, what is the best mic (amp, compressor, eq, preamp etc.) to get?".
Answer, Elam 250 (Crown Macrotech 10000, Fairchild 670, GML 9500, Neve 1073 etc.)
Awesome Al, how much is that mic? Well if you can find one in good shape upwards of $20,000 dude.

Ah you're funny AL. You get so anxious, and/or impatient. You should never work in sales. 8-)

That is so not true. I have proven time and time again to many people that i make an excellent, terrifying even, salesperson.

I know I know I'm just joshin ya. Don't get your knickers in a knot. It's just always funny how if you don't know exactly what a person wants to spend you just pick the most expensive thing you think of.

That's the mark of a true salesman right there. Start at the top and work your way down, rather than underselling.
8-)
"Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers"
oddioguy
Thom Chandler

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:29 am

Alain Benoit wrote:
macrae11 wrote:

Alain could sell ice to eskimos at $100 a bag and get away with it for years. I've never worried about his ability to sell things, even with his impatience for people less intelligent than him (which is all of us)... :-P
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Alain Benoit » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:46 am

macrae11 wrote:
Alain Benoit wrote:
macrae11 wrote:

I always do this to demonstrate a point. I cannot read minds.
www.fluidaudiogroup.com

"No one has time to do it right, but we all seem to have time to do it twice."
Alain Benoit
Self Biased Resistor

Postby macrae11 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:20 pm

Alain Benoit wrote:
I always do this to demonstrate a point. I cannot read minds.

You probably could ask though. :mrgreen:

Seriously though, not trying to be a dick here. I just get a little laugh at your idiosyncrasies. Also I'm not doubting your sales abilities at all, I just think it would drive you crazy working in sales all the time. Just can't picture you down at the 'Stop hawking M-Audio to soccer moms.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby ruler » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:30 pm

Alain Benoit wrote:
Burnsy wrote: I know, as previously mentioned in this topic, that different engineers, artists, and musicians probably have different and diverse ideas as to what $15000 could do for them.

$15,000 bought me a compressor and an EQ once.

I don't think, I will have the money for something like that for quite awhile, But I am only a young in. lol
ruler

Postby Greg H. » Wed May 26, 2010 9:34 pm

I just read all three pages of this and I want to bump it just so I accomplished something.
Make Awkward Sexual Advances, Not War.
Greg H.
Silver Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Thu May 27, 2010 9:03 am

Where did ruler go anyways? I miss the questions. He was our version of PSWs "Breathe" for a very short time. Hope he hasn't given up on audio or anything.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Thu May 27, 2010 10:08 am

I just realized now that ruler is actually in a couple of my classes at school. He definitely hasn't given up on audio. I'll mention this thread bump to him next time I see him though.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Previous

Return to Sounds Good...