Boston in the fall

Musical artists and their stuff...
---Hosted by Scott DeVarenne & Matt Benoit

Postby macrae11 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:00 pm

Nick H. wrote:I didn't like Pop much at all, except for maybe Starring at the Sun, which is cool when they do a live acoustic version of it.

Really? I think you should go back and have another listen. There's some great songs on there, Do You Feel Loved, Last Night On Earth, Discotheque, Please, and my personal fav, If God Will Send His Angels. Also I think the only F bomb U2 ever put on an album on Wake Up Dead Man.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Nick H. » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:04 pm

macrae11 wrote:
Nick H. wrote:I didn't like Pop much at all, except for maybe Starring at the Sun, which is cool when they do a live acoustic version of it.

Really? I think you should go back and have another listen. There's some great songs on there, Do You Feel Loved, Last Night On Earth, Discotheque, Please, and my personal fav, If God Will Send His Angels. Also I think the only F bomb U2 ever put on an album on Wake Up Dead Man.

You're probably right, I only gave it a few listens due to the critical reaction being so negative, but while I liked some of the songs, I thought they could have been better in some areas...

Without a doubt though, I think Pop is far superior to October... why don't people criticize that one as much? Its not good at all!
Nick H.
Bronze Member

Postby LarryS » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:27 pm

My favorite is still Joshua Tree.
Is it just me?
LarryS
Bronze Member

Postby macrae11 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:39 pm

Joshua Tree is definitely the classic. Every song is stellar. However there are tracks on other albums that I like more than any track on Joshua, but no other album of theirs puts it together as well from start to finish, IMHO.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Nick H. » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:44 pm

macrae11 wrote:Joshua Tree is definitely the classic. Every song is stellar. However there are tracks on other albums that I like more than any track on Joshua, but no other album of theirs puts it together as well from start to finish, IMHO.

I always thought Achtung Baby was their best, but the Joshua Tree had more of their classics...
Nick H.
Bronze Member

Postby macrae11 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:55 pm

I could definitely see the argument for Achtung Baby, but I think for pure songwriting, and delivery, JT wins out.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Nick H. » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:43 pm

macrae11 wrote:I could definitely see the argument for Achtung Baby, but I think for pure songwriting, and delivery, JT wins out.

I think I agree with that, the songwriting on the Joshua Tree was better in my opinion, but I liked the production and sound of Achtung Baby better, and the songwriting certainly wasn't bad on that one either!
Nick H.
Bronze Member

Previous

Return to Music and Musicians