feeling confined in my house

Musical artists and their stuff...
---Hosted by Scott DeVarenne & Matt Benoit

feeling confined in my house

Postby Crimson Chameleon » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:51 am

This question may be too broad, but. . .

Where do musicians go in Saint John? What do musicians do? I would love to get out and meet some like-minded people, but I have no idea where to start.

There never seems to be many shows posted on Giraffecycle's listing page. However, I do get the impression that some of you host some open-mic type events, or at least have some kinda regular bar gig. Is that true?

I want to make a real effort in 2010 to get out and meet some musicians and hopefully get some jams, recording, shows, or at least maybe just hang out and talk music with some fellow musicians.

Any suggestions?
Crimson Chameleon
Bronze Member

Postby Crimson Chameleon » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:53 am

I just noticed a thread about a show at Peppers last Thursday. So I guess there is one answer. . .
Crimson Chameleon
Bronze Member

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:05 pm

As a non drinker, non "bar" goer, I wish there were more gatherings less related to the consumption of alcohol. I don't hate going to bars, but I do wish there were more things I'd be into going out to for different reasons.

I have the luxury of attending events related to my work in live events when I get to mix with all sorts of amazingly talented folk. Last night was David Myles and Isaac & Blewett.

I think you're on the right track of trying to get out to some of the regular gigs Matt and Roach and some of the guys play. Definitely a great circle of talent out all the time.
"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby roachie » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:37 pm

kind of shameless promo kinda not, but a lot of music-types have been coming out to Peppers on Thursdays... Matt can back me up on that...
roachie
Sean Roach

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:14 pm

roachie wrote:kind of shameless promo kinda not, but a lot of music-types have been coming out to Peppers on Thursdays... Matt can back me up on that...

Definitely. Open mic at Cougars on Sundays are great. Not just because it's our gig either. O'Leary's on Wednesdays is open mic and there's all kinds of people that go to that, although not me.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Crimson Chameleon » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:01 pm

I gotta go to a staff Christmas party this Thursday night, but hopefully I can make it out to Peppers another week.
Last edited by Crimson Chameleon on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crimson Chameleon
Bronze Member

Postby Crimson Chameleon » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:02 pm

I know where Peppers is, but where is Cougars?
Crimson Chameleon
Bronze Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:35 pm

Crimson Chameleon wrote:I know where Peppers is, but where is Cougars?

Two bars down, basically directly in front of the Boardwalk stage.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Return to Music and Musicians