My 52 project got highlighted!

Musical artists and their stuff...
---Hosted by Scott DeVarenne & Matt Benoit

My 52 project got highlighted!

Postby Christian LeBlanc » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:56 pm

http://www.synthtube.com/?p=343

Pardon my enthusiasm, but outside of you guys, this is the first time someone I don't know has said nice things about my efforts. And I wanted to share (they talk about my 'travel footage' video, not the light painting one).

Personally, I felt they were way too generous, but I'm not gonna go out of my way to correct them :)
Christian LeBlanc
Silver Member

Postby Crimson Chameleon » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:08 pm

Congratulations! Recognition is always nice.

Looks like I get to be the first one to congratulate you (probably due to the fact that Matt is in Asia)!

If you don't mind me asking, what have you got planned for when the 52 week project is over?
Crimson Chameleon
Bronze Member

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:21 pm

Let me say, it takes an incredible amount of drive to commit to something like that and see it through. Many would not make it to "22" let alone "52".
"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Christian LeBlanc » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:42 pm

Much appreciated, youse guys! I'll admit, the project looks a lot more impressive from this end, than from the starting point (just in terms of completion, as the songs can be hit or miss as you go along).

In the new year, I think my wife and I are going to pursue doing some more light-painting video animation. I'd like to work on songs I've been sitting on for years and years because I didn't have the drive, room, or abilities to record them properly. And, I really need to devote more time to my accounting studies (I've found it really hard this year to split my time between work and play, just because 'play' - the project - was taking up so much of my headspace and spare time).

I'm considering doing a limited run (52, individually numbered) of cd's to sell for $5.20 each, with all proceeds (not just net profits) going to charity. But then the self-doubt kicks in and I talk myself out of it. Then I start thinking it's a good idea again. I'm thinking February, anyway, so it gives me a bit of time to think more and work on it. Maybe take some static out of some songs that have too much, but not much tweaking beyond that. What do you guys think?
Christian LeBlanc
Silver Member

Postby macrae11 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:21 pm

I think it's a brilliant idea. I wouldn't even clean them up. They're a snapshot of a whole year, and showcase where your changed and evolved both artistically and technically. I think just a brief explanation of the concept would be enough.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:18 pm

macrae11 wrote:I think it's a brilliant idea. I wouldn't even clean them up. They're a snapshot of a whole year, and showcase where your changed and evolved both artistically and technically. I think just a brief explanation of the concept would be enough.
I agree. Put me down for one of the discs if and when you do it.

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Christian LeBlanc » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:29 am

Thanks, guys...that's all I need, is just a little push.

One thing I would like to do different is the track order. Some songs just plain sound better when they come after certain other songs, and I have a clear opener and ender in mind. PLUS, that way, anyone who's interested in hearing the progression could simply re-order the tracks themselves, which adds a bit of value to the whole thing....?
Christian LeBlanc
Silver Member

Official Announcement

Postby Christian LeBlanc » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:28 am

So, I have a release date: Saturday, February 20th, 2010 (with any luck, it'll be the first local cd of the 10's!). That's 52 days from now :) I'll be releasing a cd of all 52 songs, for $5.20, with all proceeds going to the animal rescue league. I'll also be performing some of them at Sunstar Lounge that evening, along with some (yet to be finalized) other solo, mostly bloopy-bloopy acts.

There's a more detailed piece about it here, along with a kick-a$$ preview of the album artwork by local artist Lisa Freeze. A few deets about the show still need to be finalized.

Malcolm, I have you down for one, like you offered (thank you!); just pick a number between 1 and 52 (although 7, 23 and 52 are already spoken for), and I'll set those ones aside. If anyone else wants one, just let me know which number :)

And yes, with all these numbers - I feel like this is the most obsessive-compulsive cd release ever!...maybe I should call it an OCD Release!
Christian LeBlanc
Silver Member

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:28 pm

I'll take #13... and nice choice of a charity BTW.

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Another mention!

Postby Christian LeBlanc » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:54 am

http://52insaintjohn.com/index.php?showimage=24

When a 52 meets a 52: me and my project (my project and I?) featured on Dan Culberson's blog, spotlighting local people. Go check it out! And leave comments on it, so it doesn't look like I don't have any friends! ;) (j/k)
Christian LeBlanc
Silver Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:26 am

That's great Christian! I love Dan's project too, and it's nice to see you recognized.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby giggleycraft » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:14 pm

Christian, this project is awesome! I would never have the dedication to put all of that together. Looking forward to the show at the Sunstar.
giggleycraft

Postby Christian LeBlanc » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:40 pm

Thanks, you two! Honestly, most of my project was just fun, because I'd deprived myself of music for so long. The hard part now is just finding the time to re-program and re-learn stuff for performance purposes. That being said, I'm planning on having a blast on the 20th! I mean, not only do I get to play again, but I also get to enjoy watching 5 other talented acts do their thing! (Troy Chenier just confirmed he'll perform, too!)

Sorry, I guess I'm in 'promotion mode' right now ;)
Christian LeBlanc
Silver Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:46 pm

Is that January 20th? As in tomorrow? I knwo that facebook could tell me the answer but I can't access facebook right now. I wanna go.

EDUT: Nevermind I just saw the answer in a previous post. Sorry I'm tired, I was at the studio until past 4am last night...
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Christian LeBlanc » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:58 pm

Nope, my fault for not being specific. That's Feb.20, Sunstar, $5 or a can of pet food to get in (for any lurkers browsing this!).
Christian LeBlanc
Silver Member

Postby Greg H. » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:07 pm

Drumwaiter wrote: Sorry I'm tired, I was at the studio until past 4am last night...

:D Thanks Matt, by the way, we really appreciate it.
Make Awkward Sexual Advances, Not War.
Greg H.
Silver Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:11 pm

Greg H. wrote::D Thanks Matt, by the way, we really appreciate it.

Well, I could've been home by 3am, if someone knew how to play an open E on the bass............... :roll:

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby jammy jamz » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:18 pm

want my number matt?

i can play an open e, and a, and d, and g.

if im gettin super freaky, i'll drop the low b. but thats only on saturday nights.

;-)
jammy jamz
Bronze Member

Return to Music and Musicians