Avett Brothers

Musical artists and their stuff...
---Hosted by Scott DeVarenne & Matt Benoit

Avett Brothers

Postby Crimson Chameleon » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:53 pm

One morning, not too long ago, I turned on the television and put on the AUX TV channel, which is the CBC Radio3 television station (as far as I can tell), and on came a music video by a group called the Avett Brothers. I enjoyed the song and the arrangement (called "I And Love And You") and I liked the video, but was wondering if it could be one of those "one-hit" kinda groups. So I checked them out online and I was really impressed.

Apparently they have been together since 2000 (so "overnight" success they are not), but just this past year were signed to a major record label and their major record debut was produced by none other than Rick Rubin. So they seem to be doing alright.

I figured I'd share this with anyone interested in some Americana alt. folk rock insert genre now.

Here is their MySpace for tunes and here is their website for info.

Enjoy.
Crimson Chameleon
Bronze Member

Postby RoadDog » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:02 pm

AUX TV is a Rogers communications channel. It acquires programming from all over the place. Check out the program Master Tracks " from demo to Download in one day"
A spider wanders aimlessly within the warmth of a shadow....
RoadDog
Bronze Member

Postby clinton » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:46 pm

The Avetts are great. Lots of material to enjoy from them.
"I came unarmed, they've all got knives, how can this song survive?" - Ron Sexsmith (Blue Boy)
clinton
Gold Member

Postby Crimson Chameleon » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:04 pm

RoadDog wrote:AUX TV is a Rogers communications channel. It acquires programming from all over the place. Check out the program Master Tracks " from demo to Download in one day"

Rogers. Alright then.

I have seen Master Tracks a couple of times. I worked with Laurence one time in Toronto and got to meet Moe, too. It seemed like they were new friends at that time (a couple of years ago), so it ain't surprising for me to see the two of them working together now.
Crimson Chameleon
Bronze Member

Return to Music and Musicians