Myspace

Musical artists and their stuff...
---Hosted by Scott DeVarenne & Matt Benoit

Myspace

Postby Greg H. » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:57 pm

We just recently put up a myspace page with our new song on it, and also a couple of our covers (Nirvana, Damien Rice)

Just wanted to let those that have myspace know, so they can add if they want, and any comments are always appreciated!

Also, it's hard to find good page set-up sites. Any tips on page set up?
Make Awkward Sexual Advances, Not War.
Greg H.
Silver Member

Postby Nick H. » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:14 am

To clarify, said myspace account can be found at http://www.myspace.com/feedbacksj.
Nick H.
Bronze Member

Postby Greg H. » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:29 am

Nick H. wrote:To clarify, said myspace account can be found at http://www.myspace.com/feedbacksj.

Wow I forgot the link... That was quite the oversite >>>
Greg H.
Silver Member

Re: Myspace

Postby Crimson Chameleon » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:19 pm

Greg H. wrote:Any tips on page set up?

Clutter it with pop-ups and lots and lots of ads!
Crimson Chameleon
Bronze Member

Postby Crimson Chameleon » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:27 pm

Seriously, though, keep the layout nice and simple. It's the music that is most important isn't it?

From personal experience, it is very annoying to go to a MySpace site that is loaded with too many ads and links: it makes me hate the music before even hearing it.
Crimson Chameleon
Bronze Member

Postby Scott DeVarenne » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:53 pm

Crimson Chameleon wrote:Seriously, though, keep the layout nice and simple. It's the music that is most important isn't it?

From personal experience, it is very annoying to go to a MySpace site that is loaded with too many ads and links: it makes me hate the music before even hearing it.

I agree %100. I love it when folks just use the default layout. It's fast. Fast is good.
Scott DeVarenne
mr distant

Postby Greg H. » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:58 pm

Alright, thanks guys, I'll probably just keep it the way it is then. At least until we get some professional pictures, then I might change the background more.
Greg H.
Silver Member

Postby Scott DeVarenne » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:00 pm

On the topic of Myspace, I added Feedback and Outspokeninvoice. I noticed that you both immediately showed up as friends without any approval required. Maybe you both have it set up that no approval is required (is that possible?), but I know that in the past I had to approve a friend request before they were added. I liked it that way. Lately though I have "friends" that I never approved, showing up on both of my Myspace sites. Last night I removed a "friend" who was unwelcome and undesirable, in my opinion. I've looked through all of my settings and I can't figure out why this is happening. I'll look again, but maybe someone here can shed some light on this.
Scott DeVarenne
mr distant

Postby giggleycraft » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:15 pm

Maybe that's something new with music myspace pages to make it more like a facebook fanpage? I noticed that with RIB as well. I set up a basic myspace to be able to add tunes to once we get them recorded. I put a friend request through to my own music myspace, and went to log in to accept, and it was already there. I thought it was just a glitch.
giggleycraft

Postby Greg H. » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:00 am

Scott DeVarenne wrote: I noticed that you both immediately showed up as friends without any approval required. Maybe you both have it set up that no approval is required (is that possible?)

Yes, I did set it up that way, just so I could appear on as many pages as possible. I don't really consider myspace as a social networking site anymore. More of just a broadcasting site.

Scott DeVarenne wrote:maybe someone here can shed some light on this.

I can! If you log in, you should see a "My Account" top right. Once you click on that it brings you to a page where there should be a bunch of tabs with labels like "Contact info, Account, Password"

Click on the "spam" tab, and you can modify the friend settings there.

They really should have made a separate tab for dealing with things like this, as it doesn't really fall under "spam"
Greg H.
Silver Member

Postby Scott DeVarenne » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:16 pm

Thank you.
Scott DeVarenne
mr distant

Postby Crimson Chameleon » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:39 pm

Wow! Cool. Thanks for pointing this out. Those tricky little MySpace bastards and their hidden settings!
Crimson Chameleon
Bronze Member

Postby Crimson Chameleon » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:43 pm

I guess that explains why I had stopped receiving Friend Approval requests.

I figured nobody liked me. :-(

Turns out, I liked everybody who wanted to like me. :lol:
Crimson Chameleon
Bronze Member

Return to Music and Musicians