Clinton Charlton at Peppers! March 19th

Musical artists and their stuff...
---Hosted by Scott DeVarenne & Matt Benoit

Clinton Charlton at Peppers! March 19th

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:59 pm

(with special guests Caledonia and The Warped 45s) ;-)

Anyways, it's gonna be Clinton, Teed, Braydon, Ogden and me. Which is pretty awesome. Show starts at 10pm.

Also Clinton will be performing earlier that evening at Backstreet Records' "For the Sake of the Song". All of the groups playing at the Peppers show that night will be playing at Backstreet actually. It's starts at 6pm and Clinton will be starting his solo acoustic set around 6:30ish.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:04 pm

Are these the new guys you've been playing with? Wish I could make it up.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Crimson Chameleon » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:50 pm

Caledonia are really good friends of mine from Halifax. I spent last weekend with them in Sydney at the ECMA awards weekend. They should compliment the evening nicely. And I've heard good reviews of the Warped 45s. Should be a fun time.
Crimson Chameleon
Bronze Member

Postby Crimson Chameleon » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:25 pm

Nice set last Friday night Clinton.

It was the first time I have seen you perform and I thought it was a great idea you guys did by setting up on the dance floor.

Matt says you guys might try to do more "kitchen party" style set-ups. I like the idea: breaking down that performer/audience barrier that results from being up on a stage behind a big sound system.

If you ever wanna try adding a fat bass tone to the mix, let me know.
Crimson Chameleon
Bronze Member

Postby clinton » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:28 pm

thanks my man! It was a weird set up for us since The Formers is usually a six piece band with either Chris Fudge or Chuck Teed on bass but neither were available. It was really a last minute decision to do a "kitchen party" style line up and I really enjoyed how it sounded and would definitely do it again. Matt did a great job with next to no rehearsal and I really like him in a minimal set up. Sometimes Alex Keleher is the drummer and sometimes Matt (Sean Boyer from time to time too).

We're playing May 18th with the full band at Harbour Station if you're interested. We're only playing one song but it's a new one and should be a pretty cool event.

Anyway thanks again for the kind words and the offer, I'll remember that!

Chat soon,
"I came unarmed, they've all got knives, how can this song survive?" - Ron Sexsmith (Blue Boy)
clinton
Gold Member

Return to Music and Musicians