A Place To Play A Song & Other Updates

Musical artists and their stuff...
---Hosted by Scott DeVarenne & Matt Benoit

A Place To Play A Song & Other Updates

Postby clinton » Fri May 07, 2010 1:02 pm

Hello friends,

A couple of months ago I was approached by the city about writing a theme song for the 225 celebrations that are happening all summer long. The song I wrote is called A Place To Play A Song and it's a bit of an homage to some of the defining moments in the local music scene (at least for me anyway). I recorded the song with my buddy Sean Boyer and had all my friends in The Formers play on it. We'll be debutting the song at Harbour Station on May 18 at the kick off event. We'll also be playing it on Live At Five that same day (Adam is excited to meet Liz Rigby). The song will also be used in a tourism commercial that will begin airing on CTV this Sunday, May 9th.

The song will be available on iTunes very soon as part of an EP. In the meantime, you can hear it at http://www.myspace.com/clintoncharlton.

I hope I've done you proud...

In other news, The band and I will be performing at this year's Saint John Music Awards where Parade is nominated for an overwhelming 7 awards (I assume Benoit voted for it under multiple aliases). The show is FREE and starts at 8pm at The Blue Olive. Girls Would Kill (who are awesome) will also perform.

That's my rant, thanks for reading.
xoxo
"I came unarmed, they've all got knives, how can this song survive?" - Ron Sexsmith (Blue Boy)
clinton
Gold Member

Re: A Place To Play A Song & Other Updates

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri May 07, 2010 1:40 pm

clinton wrote:The band and I will be performing at this year's Saint John Music Awards where Parade is nominated for an overwhelming 7 awards (I assume Benoit voted for it under multiple aliases).

Macolm Boyce
Dirk Diggler
Ace Frehley
Marko Aleksandrovich Ramius
Lady Gaga
Alain Benoit
Big Bird

Just to name a few....
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Return to Music and Musicians