This Is Going To Be A Great Show....

Musical artists and their stuff...
---Hosted by Scott DeVarenne & Matt Benoit

This Is Going To Be A Great Show....

Postby clinton » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:34 am

Penny Blacks / Clinton Charlton & The Formers / Babette Hayward
- Live At The Blue Olive - November 18th / $8.00 / 8pm -

Saint John indie-folk outfit Penny Blacks will make their Blue Olive debut November 18 at 8PM. A Saint John Music Award winner, and recent Music NB showcase artist, Penny Blacks are part of an all-star lineup that includes Galaxie Rising Star nominee Clinton Charlton and The Formers, and emerging songwriter Babette Hayward.

"This will be the first time we’ve had the opportunity to play at The Blue Olive," says vocalist/guitarist Jason Ogden. "As anyone who has attended a show there can tell you, It’s an awesome room and stage and I think it lends itself perfectly to a big band like Penny Blacks."

Penny Blacks features several members of the Saint John music community, including Ogden (vocals/guitar), Chris Braydon (guitar), Chuck Teed (bass/vocals), Clinton Charlton (drums/vocals), Dan Chamberlain (keyboard/accordion), Ali Leonard (violin), and Erin Howell Sharpe (cello). The group recently started recording its first full length CD, and will preview a number of the tracks at the show.

"For the past few months we’ve been bouncing back and forth between rehearsals for some simply fantastic shows and recording the album, " says Ogden. "If our Music NB week showcase a couple of weeks ago was any indication of what to expect both from ourselves and our audience, this show will be one not to miss. "

Tickets for the event at eight dollars in advance and ten dollars at the door. Advance tickets are available at Backstreet Records (124 Germain Street), or by contacting the band at pennyblacksgig@gmail.com.

For more information, or to request an interview, please contact:
Chuck Teed
BBQ Records and Promotions
(506) 214-3488
cteed@hotmail.com

Penny Blacks - www.myspace.com/penny_blacks
Clinton Charlton - www.clintoncharlton.com
Babette Hayward - www.babettehayward.com
"I came unarmed, they've all got knives, how can this song survive?" - Ron Sexsmith (Blue Boy)
clinton
Gold Member

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:14 pm

I know Babette Hayward has a date at Imperial sometime in the next while as well with a bunch of "up and commers"

Hopefully she can do a little cross promo there for this Blue Olive show
"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:30 pm

I think me and the misses will be out for this show. I should probably book now so that I get good seats.

Who's doing sound?
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby clinton » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:42 pm

I'm not sure Matt. Chuck would be better suited to answering that. Tickets are actually selling quite well, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to get them sooner than later. I am glad you're coming, it is always more fun with you there!
"I came unarmed, they've all got knives, how can this song survive?" - Ron Sexsmith (Blue Boy)
clinton
Gold Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:04 pm

I'm going to send Joline a link to this thread to let her know of my intentions for that evening. I think it'd be a fun date.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby collide » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:57 am

i think chris likourgiotis usually does the sound for the olive. he's good and easy to work with.
So, we need air to live, but we can't hold it in?... We're screwed.

https://www.facebook.com/TheAlleyRehearsals?fref=ts (Jamspace and Recording)
http://www.curbside.bandcamp.com (2 free albums)
http://www.myspace.com/stevefudge (acoustic)
collide
Bronze Member

Postby giggleycraft » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:41 pm

I'm really looking forward to this one! It's been ages since I've seen Babette play, and I always love to see Clinton play.

giggleycraft

Postby clinton » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:15 pm

Update: This show is now an impromptu fundraiser. Penny Blacks violinist Ali Leonard recently found out that her son has a rare and aggresive form of cancer. Ali and husband are currently at the IWK with their son and are fighting the disease. Obviously the cost associated with this kind of illness are huge and consequently, we are trying to help our friend and bandmate in whatever way we can. All proceeds from this show will go to Ali and her family and we are planning more extensive fundraising efforts for the immediate future.

Please...if you are unable to attend, consider making a donation to our cause by contacting me directly at clintoncca@gmail.com or at my home phone number (it's in the book).

Also, all proceeds from my album Parade will now go directly to Ali and her family. If you were considering buying the album, please do it directly from me or Chuck Teed at a show so that we can ensure the money gets to Ali.

Thanks all.
clinton
Gold Member

Return to Music and Musicians