Postby Greg H. » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:47 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnmzins2 ... ture=feedf
Kind of a neat way to promote their album, doing a full live YouTube gig
Make Awkward Sexual Advances, Not War.
Greg H.
Silver Member

Re: Foo's

Postby Crimson Chameleon » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:40 am

I remember Radiohead did something similar around the time of In Rainbows, too. It was called Scotch Mist and featured live performances of the album songs recorded in their studio and even included "thumbs-down" versions of outtakes they were not happy with.

A description from Wikipedia:
On New Year's Eve 2007, Current TV streamed a webcast of "Scotch Mist", a private concert filmed at Radiohead's Oxford studios; it not only featured the band performing In Rainbows's songs, but also included poetry and footage created or selected by the band.
Crimson Chameleon
Bronze Member

Postby Christian LeBlanc » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:29 pm

They also included a tiny piece of the master tape from their album in each cd booklet, which I think is outstanding. I thought their new album sounded pretty great, as well.

Now, lyrically, lines like "shame, shame, double-shame, come again some other day" caused me to violently belch black fire in my mouth. But the music? Quite good. 8/10
Christian LeBlanc
Silver Member

Postby Crimson Chameleon » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:35 am

Christian LeBlanc wrote:They also included a tiny piece of the master tape from their album in each cd booklet, which I think is outstanding. I thought their new album sounded pretty great, as well.

Now, lyrically, lines like "shame, shame, double-shame, come again some other day" caused me to violently belch black fire in my mouth. But the music? Quite good. 8/10

I have not heard either of the new albums by Radiohead or the Foo Fighters, so Christian, which band are you talking about?
Crimson Chameleon
Bronze Member

Postby Christian LeBlanc » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:42 am

Crimson Chameleon wrote:I have not heard either of the new albums by Radiohead or the Foo Fighters, so Christian, which band are you talking about?

Foo Fighters (sorry, I got distracted by the thread title and forgot Radiohead were mentioned).
Christian LeBlanc
Silver Member

Postby roachie » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:54 pm

That new tune they have called "Rope" was pretty sharp... want to pick up the album for further inspection.
roachie
Sean Roach

Postby Greg H. » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:31 pm

roachie wrote:That new tune they have called "Rope" was pretty sharp... want to pick up the album for further inspection.

That was one I liked a lot too. Harmonies sound really cool in it
Make Awkward Sexual Advances, Not War.
Greg H.
Silver Member

Return to Music and Musicians