Talk Talk

Musical artists and their stuff...
---Hosted by Scott DeVarenne & Matt Benoit

Talk Talk

Postby Scott DeVarenne » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:21 am

Malcolm and I talked about these guys. Is the comp you have called Natural History? If so, then tracks 12 (I believe in you) and 13 (desire) are from Spirit of Eden (1988), which I had mentioned to you as being very cool. I think there are no tracks from Laughing Stock (1991), which I haven't listened to yet, but online chatter has suggested is just as, if not more, removed from the accessible/ popular potential offerings of their earlier works, than the Eden album. Also interesting is that no one from the band will talk about "those days". Unanimously, they maintain it's "such a long time ago" and would rather not discuss it. Cool.
I'm not going to try to embed this because it's a list of files, but I figure if you are sufficiently interested, you will make the extra effort to watch. The Spirit of Eden album-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCZnXg0v ... 310CBAF1E7
Scott DeVarenne
mr distant

Re: Talk Talk

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:27 pm

I have always enjoyed these guys. I find it interesting when an artist or group feel it necessary to distance themselves from a particular era of their work. Happens a lot and is a bit of a disservice to the fans IMO.
"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Return to Music and Musicians