No Elwoods...

Musical artists and their stuff...
---Hosted by Scott DeVarenne & Matt Benoit

No Elwoods...

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:54 am

I liked Elwoods, but now it's gone and I wonder where the local independant artists will play. I'm hoping that A Khord can fill that void somewhat. But without a huge influx of more popular out-of-town bands to bring in the crowds and money it would be hard to sustain a bar for too long.

I feel for the bars that have the balls to support the local indie scene while trying to make enough money to stay open. It's a really tough game.

So is A Khord going to handle the overflow now that Elwoods is gone, or is there a new indie venue in the works?

This all happened pretty quick, I'm just trying to get up to speed.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:28 am

I can't understand why AKhord... unfortunately named as it is... couldn't become a great venue for live music in this town.

In it's previous incarnations, as crappy of a dive as it has been at different times, I always liked playing/mixing in that room. It's a million times nicer there now, and a decent enough house PA, so what exactly is the problem?
"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Return to Music and Musicians