BA$$??

Musical artists and their stuff...
---Hosted by Scott DeVarenne & Matt Benoit

Here I go again, breathing new life into old threads!

Postby Christian LeBlanc » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:29 pm

This thread's been really interesting to read, from the p.o.v. of an 'office guy' who always wonders if he should have tried harder at music before settling for security. It's good to know that other people share these doubts, and that being in the music industry isn't necessarily all it's cracked up to be.

Granted, the grass is always greener on the other side, and it's never looked greener before, now that I'm facing down a couple of stiff deadlines for work, combined with a heavy exam, all taking place on the 30th. None of which I really feel ready for. And the more stressed I start to feel, the harder it gets to concentrate on anything (except creative endeavours of course...or screwing around on web forums! ;-) )

Thanks guys, just needed to let that out.
Christian LeBlanc
Silver Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:14 pm

By nature we all love to complain. Regardless of how good things might seem to others. The grass is green everywhere if you look at it in the right light.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby dylanger » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:23 pm

Go to school and get real job, any involvement with music being strictly amateur;

Real Jobs suck, music may not be promising but the few minutes of each song you play is so sweet and wonderful that it can fuel the other disgusting hours of the day. If you do it right........
dylanger
Silver Member

Postby Greg H. » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:52 pm

dylanger wrote:Real Jobs suck, music may not be promising but the few minutes of each song you play is so sweet and wonderful that it can fuel the other disgusting hours of the day. If you do it right........

Agree! Though some real jobs are ok. Just the ones no one gets.
Make Awkward Sexual Advances, Not War.
Greg H.
Silver Member

Previous

Return to Music and Musicians