The mind of a Weekend Warrior

Musical artists and their stuff...
---Hosted by Scott DeVarenne & Matt Benoit

Postby RoadDog » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:56 am

Drumwaiter wrote:
RoadDog wrote:Oh no, I was speaking in vastly general terms, reference to the bus meaning that you are playing in public at all, nothing terribly specific...

Oh, I thought you and I were getting into specifics.

Either way, I get paid well for what I do, so I'll just shut up... for now.
WE were getting quite specific, though I wouldn't bring a private message item out in public without consulting YOU ... despite what you may have heard in the past, I am not THAT guy :-D
A spider wanders aimlessly within the warmth of a shadow....
RoadDog
Bronze Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:06 pm

RoadDog wrote:WE were getting quite specific, though I wouldn't bring a private message item out in public without consulting YOU ... despite what you may have heard in the past, I am not THAT guy :-D

Of course not, I've know you for what, 11 years? You haven't done me wrong in all that time. I've ignored anything I may or may not have heard in the past, because none of it has every applied to me.

You've given me some of my favorite advice over the years...
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:18 pm

Drumwaiter wrote:
It's a good analogy, leave it alone you guys.

I was actually being sincere, but trying to throw some humour in. I am on board with what you're saying, and It would be awesome if we started a band.
Particularly a Motown band.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:26 pm

macrae11 wrote:
Drumwaiter wrote:
It's a good analogy, leave it alone you guys.

I was actually being sincere, but trying to throw some humour in. I am on board with what you're saying, and It would be awesome if we started a band.
Particularly a Motown band.

I'm hip to that! But after last night, a Jeff Beck cover band would be pretty cool too. I'll play the part of the white Billy Cobham.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:43 am

So for the past two weeks I decided to go to the back of the bus, put my feet up a take a little snooze. It's remarkable how much more relaxing it is when you aren't paying attention to where you are going. It's not like your really improving your changes of crashing by sleeping anyways.

Besides, this bus ride is too profitable to get off just yet. Yeah, I'm a whore, fine. But I'm now a content little whore.

Keep in mind there's a difference between whore and the word slut. A slut just does it for the sake of doing it. A whore does it for personal gain. I'm the latter, and I'm okay with that.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:33 pm

I'm bringing this thread back....

...More venting to follow. :evil:

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:11 pm

So I'm sitting here all back of the bus... and I have my hand on the handle for the emergency exit. There's a limo waiting to pick me up though, so I won't be waiting on the side of the road very long.

I learned something today. I don't need to be in control, I just need things to get done right.

September, I just need to get to September.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:50 pm

Don't worry Matt you'll make it. Just remember, you can still go in the ditch in a limo, so wear your seat belt.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:53 pm

macrae11 wrote: Just remember, you can still go in the ditch in a limo, so wear your seat belt.

Don't worry, I always wear protection.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:39 pm

So, I've given my notice, I'm done on New Years Eve. I'll keep doing Sunday nights but I through being in cover bands. I'll do sit in jobs, but will charge enough to avoid playing with people I don't want to play with. I don't want to come off sounding jaded or arrogant, but in the end if I'm not happy and I'm not having fun, what's the point? I have plenty of new things I want to put my time into anyways. I want to really push the studio initiative in the new year, become much more involved. Now that the new website is under way and Alain and I have finally started to gel (after 28 years of not gelling) it's time to make a big push. My goals for 2010 at the studio include having a AMEK Hendrix working at least at 80% capacity. Get and install PT HD. Relabel every patch in the studio serially. Have the third floor cleaned out. Have floor plans drawn for the new control room and iso booths on the third floor.

Lots to be done... I can't wait for 2010.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:35 pm

So tonight I'm having a not so secret meeting with Aaron Currie, Rob Sakell, Barry McGrath and Pete Belliveau. This has the potential of being such an epic jam that my head could explode. I haven't done something like this in years and it's very exciting, and i just wanted to share my excitement. Can you imagine if we made a band, it'd be sick...

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:23 pm

Kick ass. Let me know when your first show is.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:47 am

It was pretty amazing. We'll be getting together on a bi-weekly basis. On that same note, if there are any singers out there looking for the ultimate backup band... PM me.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:16 am

I know Rob and Aaron, but who are the other two guys? And is everybody driving all the way to Saint John?
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:10 pm

Pete played with me when I was in Sidekick, him and Aaron are really close friends. I met Aaron through Pete actually. Barry is a bass player that I met a few years ago doing a Cantata at a church. It was pretty random, and all of a sudden he started playing and he blew my mind. I've kept in touch with him ever since. Guys from the late 80s scene in SJ definitely remember him. He's a monster player, he just doesn't play out much anymore. Oh, and he's mine and you can't have him. :twisted:

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:46 am

So I've been getting together with a whoel new group of guys lately. They are a lot of fun and although there's an age difference, we all seem to be on board with the same kind of music. We've had two rehearsals and it looks as though it's gonna be a full on band. Musically we're all over the map so far, but we'll see where things developed. They're ridiculously good musicans, I'll have a hard time keeping up. It's gonna be pretty hardcore.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Previous

Return to Music and Musicians