Best Of Saint John Music Poll/Awards

Musical artists and their stuff...
---Hosted by Scott DeVarenne & Matt Benoit

Best Of Saint John Music Poll/Awards

Postby Chuck Teed » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:06 pm

Hey guys! Please take a pause from posting and fill out the SECOND ANNUAL Best of Saint John Music Readers Poll.

For the next six weeks you will be able to vote in up to 15 categories (you must fill out at least 7 categories for the ballot to count). On April 18, polling will close and tabulation begins. The winners will be announced at A-Khord in mid-May.

Two important details: we`re looking for local answers, and we`re looking to have some fun. The last poll and subsequent award show was a blast, so let`s keep it positive and celebrate the wonderful community that we live in.

You can find the poll at www.giraffecycle.com/survey. Please feel free to spread the word, and keep checking back here for updates on the poll. We have a lot of fun announcements coming your way!
Chuck Teed

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:12 pm

I would, but I can't answer more than 5 of the questions legitimately. I don't know that many people. Sorry, I did try.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby clinton » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:26 pm

That just means you gotta get out and discover some more local music my friend. This town is chalk full of excellent writers.
"I came unarmed, they've all got knives, how can this song survive?" - Ron Sexsmith (Blue Boy)
clinton
Gold Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:36 pm

clinton wrote:That just means you gotta get out and discover some more local music my friend. This town is chalk full of excellent writers.

Maybe so, I may need a tour guide...
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby clinton » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:12 am

well for the unintiated, here's some good places to start:

Jason Ogden (Penny Blacks, Hospital Grade): Amazingly talented songwriter who leads two completely different (and great) bands.

Chris Braydon (Billy Braydon, Something French): One of the most unique voices to emerge from these parts in a long long time.

Adam Mowery: Maybe the best singer-songwriter in town. His lo-fi approach does nothing to belittle his songcraft.

Chris Fudge (Edge On Spiral, The Butterfly Effect): A true craftsman. His output is few and far between but when he does release something, it's always good.

David Elliott: I've not even met this kid yet and I'm a fan. Country and Western influenced pop songs a la Ryan Adams done very well.

The Wooden Wives: Dirty rock n roll band who gets tighter with every show

Alex Keleher: Think Paul Simon filtered through Brian Wilson in a great sweater.

This is a good place to start and from there, you'll find so much more.....
"I came unarmed, they've all got knives, how can this song survive?" - Ron Sexsmith (Blue Boy)
clinton
Gold Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:50 am

Well that's a big size list to start with. Thanks!

I know some of these people already, but there are some that I don't. I need to go out more. I've been trying to catch Penny Blacks since last summer fercrissakes. I'll have to keep an eye out for shows.

There's a few acts in here though that I know aren't my cup of tea, even with your endorsement. But I'll keep a fairly open mind.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Chuck Teed » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:03 pm

You have until the end of next week to do your research!
Chuck Teed

Return to Music and Musicians