Notation Software

Musical artists and their stuff...
---Hosted by Scott DeVarenne & Matt Benoit

Notation Software

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:40 pm

Writing out drum charts for students by hand is a pain. I could do it in Cubase, but it would also be a pain.

What are some of the best stand-alone notation programs out there? Finale is the first one that comes to mind, how simple is it to use? Anyone have any exerience with that kind of stuff?

Drum charts are a bit different than regular music charts so I have to be more cautious about what I choose.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:05 pm

Well I don't know much about drum charts, but Finale and Sibelius are definitely the go to programs for this stuff. They both also have lighter versions for a bit cheaper. They're both fairly straight forward to learn, although the full versions can get super heavy if you get under the hood.

Again drum charts are a whole nother story, so I don't know what the workflow is like for them. There might be some small dedicated program out there, that would do exactly what you want. I don't know of it though. :?:
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Return to Music and Musicians