a khord... All Done.

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

a khord... All Done.

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Received via mass e-mail:

Hello Everyone,

It is with great saddness and regret that we are announcing the closing of a khord's doors. Trust me when I say that this announcement is as sudden to us as it is to you (well, almost). And while we understand that rumours will fly regarding the circumstances, we are not in the habit of airing dirty laundry. Suffice it to say that the situation resulting in this announcement was beyond our scope of control.

We would like to thank all of the staff and supporters of a khord since its inception. We feel that while we wished the ride was longer, in the meantime, all of you made a contribution to the music and arts scene in Saint John which, after all, was always our aim.

Remember to always support regional and national musicians and artists. They are the lifeblood of our communities.

Thank you kindly,

Huey and Andrea
"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby roachie » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:48 pm

How many different people have had a run at a bar in that room over the years?
roachie
Sean Roach

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:29 pm

Several. I'm certain this was one of the more legit attempts.

Too bad. I like the room(s).

I'm sure there is more to the story. I'll be curious to hear the rumour mill.
"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:16 am

Truth is, it's a ton of overhead. You'd really need a strategy to keep a steady flow of revenue coming in to just break even. That's all this is about I'm sure.

I'm not one to judge their efforts, they did the best they could and it was a great attempt. However they should have done a better job getting a hold of people to let them know that they needed to find a new venue for their events. Especially for out of town acts that we are trying to draw to our city. Maybe it wasn't logistically possible (for whatever reason) to get a hold of people but still if I had been House of David Gang, I'd probably think that Saint John could be bypassed on the next tour.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:01 pm

It seems that this was as sudden a surprise to the owners, I still state that it's unfortunate that the bands didn't have enough time to make proper alternative arrangements.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Return to The Coffee Shop