Christmas

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

Christmas

Postby Burnsy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:09 pm

Seeing that Christmas is just around the corner, is anyone expecting any new audio gear from the old feller in red? I'm hoping for a midi controller and some acoustic treatment for my room. More than likely i'll get a potato filled with coal.
Burnsy
Bronze Member

Postby Christian LeBlanc » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:29 pm

That's a "no" here...but I thought I'd post anyway.

Would like a nice ribbon controller, though. That'd be so sweet.
Christian LeBlanc
Silver Member

Postby macrae11 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:43 pm

I'm getting a MIDI controller of some sort, haven't quite narrowed it down yet. Probably just a cheap 61 key controller. Figured it was time to teach myself some pianer.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:40 pm

Alain's getting a bunch of stuff from the whole family, and I'm buying myself a Presonus Central Station. I'm going to order it while I'm away so that I can start getting it in my setup as soon as I get back.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:50 pm

Not "expecting" anything, but sometimes that's when it's most fun.
"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Re: Christmas

Postby Crimson Chameleon » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:02 pm

Burnsy wrote:More than likely i'll get a potato filled with coal.

Cool! You'll get some amazing sounds outta that.
Crimson Chameleon
Bronze Member

Postby Crimson Chameleon » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:06 pm

On a serious note, though, I did ask the old fella in red for what any good home recording set-up needs: an SM57.
Crimson Chameleon
Bronze Member

Postby adam » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:47 pm

macrae11 wrote:I'm getting a MIDI controller of some sort [...] Figured it was time to teach myself some pianer.

Don't know if you've seen 'em but L&M has the Yamaha KX8 advertised right now. Pretty nice software suite with it, not that you'd need it; USB & conventional MIDI connectivity; more than decent feel (I've been playing pianny for 80% of my life now!) and, also, it's $359.

As for gear for Christmas, the ladyfriend has allegedly bought me something, but I've no idea what. FRUSTRATING.
adam

Postby macrae11 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:31 pm

Hey thanks for the heads up Adam. I'm probably not going to get an 88 key controller, at least for right now. I'm learning keys to mostly play strings and synth patches as opposed to piano proper, so I figure it's not worth the extra weight, size, and price. Plus we've got a couple of good 88 key "controllers" at the studio if I ever want that.

The KX61 or 49 look more like what I'm looking for, but it looks like it's discontinued, at least according to a few retailers websites. Anyone have any knowledge of that, or any other controls I should be considering? I was really just looking at the M-Audio Keystation61ES, but am open to suggestions. It would be nice to have something with at least a few controllers on it.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Return to The Coffee Shop