Dog looking for a good home.

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

Dog looking for a good home.

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri May 14, 2010 7:38 am

http://saintjohn.kijiji.ca/c-pets-dogs-puppies-for-sale-Awesome-dog-w-invisible-fence-W0QQAdIdZ204884981

I need to find a good home for this dog. My sister has been taking care of him because I can't take dogs in my apartment. Unfortunate circumstances have put him in our care and although we can't keep him, we refuse to take him to the shelter.

If anyone knows of someone looking for a dog, let me know. I want him to find a good, loving home. The $100 price on the ad is just there to weed out people that aren't serious. To someone who is seriously interested in offering him a proper home, I'll deliver him straight to you for free. I'm going to miss him dearly, but he needs to find a permanent home now.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Mon May 17, 2010 12:10 am

Nice job placing that fella in a new home Matt. Well done!
"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon May 17, 2010 9:06 am

I've learned something from all of this. There are some crazy people out there that shouldn't have dogs. Just because he's on Kijiji doesn't mean it's like selling a sofa. I dealt with some interesting types this weekend, but in the end I feel good about my decision. It's hard though, it's like giving up someone's kid for adoption.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Christian LeBlanc » Mon May 17, 2010 12:00 pm

I've seen friends twisted up inside from having to give away a pet, it can be awful. Knowing that the dog's going to a good home and will be really happy must make you feel a lot better, though. I'm real glad you put the effort in to make sure he was well looked after. Cheers.
Christian LeBlanc
Silver Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon May 17, 2010 12:57 pm

So, Friday I have a couple that start calling me almost deperately wanting the dog. I get a weird vibe from them, but I had another couple that was ahead them so I said I'd call them back once I got an an answer from the first couple. They kept calling and calling, and I told them to hang tight. Finally the first couple calls back and they can't make the decision because they don't want to be hasty.

I talked to them on the phone Friday night, and they were really strange in their demeanor. The lady even said that she was sick of being interested in a dog and then having the dog go to the next interested person. (WTF???) I wasn't sure about these people so I said, I'd like to meet with them and that I'd call them Sunday to make arrangements to that effect. But they gave me a weird vibe so I was really looking for someone else though...

After meeting a friend Sunday morning (who loved the dog, was a great fit and agreed to take him,) I called the other couple back and left msg to let them know that the dog was spoken for. They then call me and I didn't answer because I was on my way to a family dinner and I didn't really want to get into it at that time. Since I presumed they just wanted to argue my decision, I was gonna call them after we finished supper. Not even an hour later I get a call from my brother-in-law (who has been caring for the dog with my sister.) They said they were there to pick up their dog! Good thing my brother-in-law called me otherwise they might have taken off with Pepper. I knew there was something weird about them. They knew my brother-in-law was in the dark about everything, and they also knew I didnt' live there.

Man, I'm glad I trusted my instincts. What the heck is wrong with these people? I'm willing to bet if I called the animal rescue league they'd have a file on these people...

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Christian LeBlanc » Mon May 17, 2010 1:09 pm

Ok, that's more than a little creepy.
Christian LeBlanc
Silver Member

Postby giggleycraft » Mon May 17, 2010 2:14 pm

Wow, I'm glad the strange family didn't get Pepper. We do indeed love him! Dexter is so excited, and is telling everyone all about him already.
giggleycraft

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon May 17, 2010 2:29 pm

giggleycraft wrote:Wow, I'm glad the strange family didn't get Pepper. We do indeed love him! Dexter is so excited, and is telling everyone all about him already.

Yeah I feel really good about how this all turned out in the end.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Return to The Coffee Shop