Cajon Drums

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

Postby clinton » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:59 am

well let's see. They had three there. None of them were really much to write home about. They had an LP Aspire that sounded like cardboard, a nice looking Meinl that Peter Doyle really favours but had to much rattle in the low end for my tastes. There was another Meinl one tat I liked but I had to work too hard to get it sounding like I want so I'll pass on that one too.

It was fun watching Matt look 100% confused while trying to play one though :-)

So the bulk of our playdate consisted of trying out acoustics. Did you all know that mine is a fine little fingerpicker? He really is.
"I came unarmed, they've all got knives, how can this song survive?" - Ron Sexsmith (Blue Boy)
clinton
Gold Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:12 am

clinton wrote:It was fun watching Matt look 100% confused while trying to play one though :-)

My instinct was to kick it on the 1 and 3. Apparently that's not how it works. I'll admit, hand percussion is not my strong suit.

My findings in the end were inconclusive as I would rather spend my money on a porch board.

clinton wrote:So the bulk of our playdate consisted of trying out acoustics. Did you all know that mine is a fine little fingerpicker? He really is.

Actually, I heard mine was taking night classes. I'm glad to see that they're paying off.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby dylanger » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:18 am

The one they have a L&M only has snares on the top half so you get a better bass sound ...... If it's still there
dylanger
Silver Member

Postby clinton » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:54 am

Drumwaiter wrote:
clinton wrote:It was fun watching Matt look 100% confused while trying to play one though :-)

My instinct was to kick it on the 1 and 3. Apparently that's not how it works. I'll admit, hand percussion is not my strong suit.

My findings in the end were inconclusive as I would rather spend my money on a porch board.

clinton wrote:So the bulk of our playdate consisted of trying out acoustics. Did you all know that mine is a fine little fingerpicker? He really is.

Actually, I heard mine was taking night classes. I'm glad to see that they're paying off.

that was supposed to say "Matt is a fine little fingerpicker." Sorry, I'm at work
"I came unarmed, they've all got knives, how can this song survive?" - Ron Sexsmith (Blue Boy)
clinton
Gold Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:05 am

clinton wrote:that was supposed to say "Matt is a fine little fingerpicker." Sorry, I'm at work

It was my 2010 New Years resolution actually... lol.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby dylanger » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:05 pm

Did you get an acoustic matt?
dylanger
Silver Member

Previous

Return to The Coffee Shop