New House

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

New House

Postby giggleycraft » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:52 am

We've moving into a new house this week, and I am pumped. Closing is today. Can't wait to get all moved in, get the lovely puppy, thanks to drumwaiter, and set up our jam room. We were offered an organ to stay with the house by the previous owner. Went in for final inspection last and....

Surprise! It's a Hammond. :)

Image[/
Last edited by giggleycraft on Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
giggleycraft

Postby macrae11 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:06 pm

That's super cool! Looks like an M3, which is basically a baby B3. Shorter manuals, and a few less features that I can't remember off the top of my head. Sounds fun as is, but really turns into something special when you put a 147 leslie on it.

We have one at the studio, which doesn't get used nearly as much as I'd like because we don't have a proper leslie for it. Still fun to wind it up now and again though.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:16 pm

Neato! Good score.

Also I'm very excited for Pepper...lol
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby giggleycraft » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:22 pm

We're very excited about Pepper LeChien. Paul's been checking google maps for possible routes to take nice walks in the neighbourhood.
giggleycraft

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:41 pm

giggleycraft wrote:Pepper LeChien.

Classic...lol. As discussed, he's functionally bilingual but primarily French.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby giggleycraft » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:44 pm

macrae11 wrote:That's super cool! Looks like an M3, which is basically a baby B3. Shorter manuals, and a few less features that I can't remember off the top of my head. Sounds fun as is, but really turns into something special when you put a 147 leslie on it.

We have one at the studio, which doesn't get used nearly as much as I'd like because we don't have a proper leslie for it. Still fun to wind it up now and again though.

We checked last night, and you are indeed correct. M3 it is. The power cord will need to be replaced. No bare wires, but getting a little iffy looking near the plug.
giggleycraft

Postby macrae11 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:51 pm

There's also a good chance that it'll have some burnt out caps, and probably have some scratchy tone wheels. A bit of Hammond Organ oil, can do quite a bit to bring them back into playing shape. Just make sure you don't get really old Organ oil that smells fishy, and don't use sewing machine oil or anything like that. Recapping, retubing, etc. probably wouldn't be worth it if you're just using it for fun.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby giggleycraft » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:31 am

Thanks for the tips on care. I like to keep up on prper maintenance of all my instruments :). I can only imagine what our neighbours think. LAst two nights we've made trips there, and the only things we've moved in have been instruments. They're now all safe and sound in the jam room away from anywhere people will be moving boxes and furniture in.
giggleycraft

Return to The Coffee Shop