Everyone's got a dream!

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

Everyone's got a dream!

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:17 am

So... You win the lottory, and it's the big one. $50,000,000.00!!!

What do you do with it? How does your life change? Are you happier?

Be creative and think big. It's a good thing to day dream from time to time...
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:32 am

It's early (for me) so I had to count those zeros slowly... I'm pretty generous so you'd all have gifts coming. Some bigger than others. :-P
"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Christian LeBlanc » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:58 am

I'd spend a lot of time drawing, a lot of time making music, catch up on a few video games and movies, and spend all that time with my wife, instead of counting other people's money for my dayjob and studying how to count other people's money at night.
Christian LeBlanc
Silver Member

Postby macrae11 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:05 am

Honestly I don't think my life would change a whole lot. I don't think I'd be happier, but I would be less stressed. Build a nice house in PEI overlooking the water on my wife's parents property. Couple of cars, travel a lot, probably 4 months per year. I'd give quite a bit to charity too. Probably spend some time in Africa doing relief stuff.

Other than that I would do the exact same thing I do now, except I would be more selective of clients. I'd build a little mix studio on the island, but I'd travel to work with artists wherever they were. Maybe start a label, just so I could sign and work with artists I like.

Whatever was left over I would split between investments, and music/studio toys. Probably 50/50 if it was just up to me. More like 95/5 if Julie has a say. ;-)
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby clinton » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:17 am

I'd own so many vintage acoustic guitars that I'd need a seperate house for them.

My parents would be sitting pretty sweet and my old man would have a ton of vintage cars.

My brothers and their families would be set up.

My daughter would have school all paid for and I'd probably start some sort of business for her to take over in time.

I'd record A LOT of music and most likely start some sort of studio/label to release music I think is good.

I'd own a sweet house on the water and would have a sailboat, some kayaks, a greenhouse and lots of animals.

I would get very healthy. I know that one might sound odd but with that kind of money, I could afford to really make my health number one and if you know me, you know my health is not the best so that is a major one for me.

Fun thread Matt
(I hope I played by the right rules)
"I came unarmed, they've all got knives, how can this song survive?" - Ron Sexsmith (Blue Boy)
clinton
Gold Member

Postby roachie » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:02 pm

I'd pay off my visa and get a new tv.

Then I'd have to get back to work cause I'd be broke after that.
roachie
Sean Roach

Postby macrae11 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:49 pm

That's a hell of a TV.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:13 pm

That's one hell of a Visa... :lol:
"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby dylanger » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:24 am

I would probably set aside 2 million for retirement. Go to berklee in Boston for a few years. Build a house once I get done school. Work somewheres to gain more knowledge. Then make a studio. A lot myself so much a year to live, divide up some for future kids. I might buy alain a preamp for his birthday since he asks me to all the time.
dylanger
Silver Member

Postby roachie » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:33 pm

Malcolm Boyce wrote:That's one hell of a Visa... :lol:

Why did they trust me with their money... cause they're getting me back 20 fold... bastards...
roachie
Sean Roach

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:54 pm

I should probably answer my own questions:

I would start by buying an apartment building (probably the one I live in) and make the top floor a giant condo that I would live in. The rent from the bottom floors would cover the maintenance and the property taxes on the building. So I'd be living for free for the rest of my life.

Next on the agenda is I'd buy the Paramount theatre building on King Street and get to work building a studio in there. That would also be the office for the record label that Andrew and I would eventually set up. Once it was built I'd have a full time staff of musicians working there, they would be paid VERY well, but they'd basically be on retainer, so they could still take on other gigs and projects as long as operational requirements permitted.

I'd build a satellite office for Fluid Audio in PEI for Andrew so that he could mix from there and be closer to his family. The facility would mailnly be a mixing and post production suite, but would be set up to do some tracking as well.

After that, I'd leave the managing of Fluid Audio Group to Alain and Andrew while I buy my way into McGill to get my Ph.D. in: Music Composition; Music Technology; Music Education; Musicology; Sound Recording and Music Theory.

Once I was done that, I'd come back and take the reigns of Fluid Audio Group, and ride happily into the sunset. I'd take a trip somewhere crazy once a year in ambition to visit every country before I die.

THE END.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Return to The Coffee Shop