Happy 5th Anniversary!

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

Happy 5th Anniversary!

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:52 pm

Middle Audio Forums.

Although things have been especially quiet around here, the "regulars" continue to check in daily, strangely enough, and I have had some great suggestions to get things rolling around here in the near future.

As always, thanks everyone for your participation.
"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Re: Happy 5th Anniversary!

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:12 pm

I just don't have anything to say anymore. Besides I've got a wife and 3 kids now (kinda) and I'm busier at work that I used to be. Plus the studio is booked ceaselessly, which means I'm there almost 7 days a week...

Happy anniversary anyways though! It's been fun on here, and I hope to continue to contribute well into the future.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Christian LeBlanc » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:42 pm

Happy Anniversary, Malcolm. This place is an incredible resource, and one I appreciate (even if my attempts at curbing my internet addictions are keeping me away). I even bet if I asked for advice on how to play speed thrash on the bass guitar, I'd get some good tips.

By the way: anyone have any good resources for playing speed thrash on bass? I just bought "Cliff'em All" on dvd recently and I'm all excited about playing bass again; I've always been pretty quick with two fingers, but I'm trying to get a third finger involved, too.

And if that last paragraph doesn't invite another comment or two from Drumwaiter, I don't know what will roflmao

EDIT: the tips I read in this thread are good for anyone looking to get faster with their instrument; "speed is a byproduct of accuracy" is probably the most important note to take away. This is just about 3-finger technique specifically, but it works for me.
Last edited by Christian LeBlanc on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christian LeBlanc
Silver Member

Postby clinton » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:17 pm

Happy Birthday boys, I check this forum daily (though once a week would probably do) and I enjoy the threads I have been part of. I'd like to see higher traffic on here since I find the users on this forum more my speed these days.

Anyway, three cheers for Malcolm and co.
"I came unarmed, they've all got knives, how can this song survive?" - Ron Sexsmith (Blue Boy)
clinton
Gold Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:47 am

Christian LeBlanc wrote:I've always been pretty quick with two fingers, but I'm trying to get a third finger involved, too.

That's what she said?
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby giggleycraft » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:27 am

I really like this forum, and learn a lot from the posts. I don't often have a lot to add, but I do check here several times a day usually :). Good job on keeping things up for 5 years.
giggleycraft

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:56 pm

giggleycraft wrote:I really like this forum, and learn a lot from the posts. I don't often have a lot to add, but I do check here several times a day usually :). Good job on keeping things up for 5 years.

Now I really feel like I need to add some content to make your visits more rewarding. :oops:

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby giggleycraft » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:51 pm

Haha, no worries Matt. Just in my list of websites I check in my down time. I enjoy coming here and reading about how people do their recordings. Eventually, I'll get a little more into my own home recordings, and this is a very valuable resourse for that.
giggleycraft

Postby macrae11 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:39 pm

Yeah good work. I know I've been quite slack lately due to busy-ness and whatnot. I've been meaning to suggest we attempt the infamous "deaf mix" again. It's been so long, that I don't even remember what the song is so I could participate! I'm away for basically the month of March, but we could set it up for April or May when things slow down a bit.

Anyone game?
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Christian LeBlanc » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:20 pm

macrae11 wrote:"deaf mix"

IIIIIIII think it'd be worth a shot!
Christian LeBlanc
Silver Member

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:23 am

Looking at the page stats and discovered a funny coincidence.

1348.jpg

Sorry... Tired. :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:31 pm

Malcolm Boyce wrote:Although things have been especially quiet around here, the "regulars" continue to check in daily, strangely enough, and I have had some great suggestions to get things rolling around here in the near future.

You actually posting and starting threads was a great suggestion. Thanks to whoever suggested that. ;-)

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:39 pm

Drumwaiter wrote:
Malcolm Boyce wrote:Although things have been especially quiet around here, the "regulars" continue to check in daily, strangely enough, and I have had some great suggestions to get things rolling around here in the near future.

You actually posting and starting threads was a great suggestion. Thanks to whoever suggested that. ;-)
I have avoided making this place too "me centric" but it was suggested that I begin shamelessly posting away.

As much as I avoid the concept of this being too "gear" oriented as well, I will cave and talk some more about that stuff because, ultimately, people seem to want to hear about it.

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:12 am

I've never found this forum to be too centered on you at all, if anything maybe the opposite. One of the main reasons I slowed down in my posting because I often felt as if I was either posting to myself or having public conversations with Andrew. That and that I've actually been pretty busy. But yeah, it's good to start to see others posting on here as well.

I'd love to get Alain back on here, but we'll take baby steps...

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Return to The Coffee Shop