CAPE 10

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

CAPE 10

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:43 am

Hey Andrew... The teams have been posted! This year is going to be CRAZY compared to last year. I'm doing double duty this year.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Re: CAPE 10

Postby macrae11 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:09 pm

Wow lots of teams this year. Looking at some of the mixers, I'm more than a little intimidated. :shock: Don't know any of my team members so we'll have to see how things go. Nick looks like he got himself a good team too.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:31 pm

macrae11 wrote:Wow lots of teams this year. Looking at some of the mixers, I'm more than a little intimidated. :shock: Don't know any of my team members so we'll have to see how things go. Nick looks like he got himself a good team too.

In the words of Tommy Green Jr. "I'm pretty horny about this right now."

I might need you and Alain to help me get a good "metal sound".
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:39 am

So the metal team is a little scary in terms of shear talent. I'm gonnna have to step it up a few notches but I'm really looking forward to the crazy prog/metal tune that we come up with.

The other team has a great songwriter and the rest of the folks are starting to show up now and I'm having a good feeling about this team too.

I wonder how Nick is making out...

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:30 pm

Yeah I've still only heard from the bass player and keyboard player so far.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Alain Benoit » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:24 pm

popcorn
www.fluidaudiogroup.com

"No one has time to do it right, but we all seem to have time to do it twice."
Alain Benoit
Self Biased Resistor

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:45 pm

My "metal" team is going in 15 directions at once. It's awesome. Our songwriter's head may explode though. He is literally composing 2 new pieces a day.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:32 pm

So you want to join a third CAPE team Matt? Our drummer and producer are still no shows. I've more or less taken over the producer role but the drummer....
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:56 pm

macrae11 wrote:So you want to join a third CAPE team Matt? Our drummer and producer are still no shows. I've more or less taken over the producer role but the drummer....

Hellz yes!

In exchange can you help he record my drums for the other tunes? We can do all of them at the same time.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:04 pm

That sounds reasonable.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:16 pm

I never heard of your drummer before but your producer is a member of the inner circle at the womb, and I see him posting in the summing amp thread this morning...so why he is not chiming in for CAPE is really a mystery to me.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:33 pm

I know. Personally I think he's a bit of a douche so it's not hurting my feelings if he doesn't show up.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

macrae11 wrote:I know. Personally I think he's a bit of a douche so it's not hurting my feelings if he doesn't show up.

Any new developments with your team?

My prog/metal team has a 8 minute song already all written and plotted out. Working on the fine arrangements right now.

My other team has chosen a song and we are hamerring out the arrangements there too, and are nearing the point of scratch tracks.

Basically my cape teams are an anomoly. Cape teams aren't supposed to be this fast.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:04 am

We got reprimanded by dwoz for moving forward with the assumption that people weren't going to show up. He said it was too soon to bump anybody definitively. Cozmicslop basically told him to eff off. I was a little more diplomatic. This seems to be part of the reason that CAPE is always delayed. I see the producer posting everyday....

On a positive note we do have our banner finished, just waiting on approval from everyone.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:18 am

macrae11 wrote:We got reprimanded by dwoz for moving forward with the assumption that people weren't going to show up. He said it was too soon to bump anybody definitively.

That's funny... in our team one guy didn't show up until yesterday and we had a song/arrangement picked out already and we were even making plans in case he didn't show up.
macrae11 wrote:Cozmicslop basically told him to eff off. I was a little more diplomatic.

Haha... I miss that guy. He's told everyone on that forum to go eff themselves at one point or another.

macrae11 wrote:This seems to be part of the reason that CAPE is always delayed.

CAPE deadlines are a known joke.

macrae11 wrote:I see the producer posting everyday....

It would upset me since he could at least give a head's up and say "listen guys I'm a bit busy but hang tight, I'll be with you guys shortly."

macrae11 wrote:On a positive note we do have our banner finished, just waiting on approval from everyone.

The Producer in team Witty Placard came in on the first day with the banner already made, and had a detailed itinerary of the entire process already made a several threads created to discuss everything from the technical stuff to the arrangements to songwriting. I'm way spoiled this year.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:43 am

Mathieu Benoit wrote:It would upset me since he could at least give a head's up and say "listen guys I'm a bit busy but hang tight, I'll be with you guys shortly."

Eggzachary! This is the problem. Although if he's got time to post all over the place he can't be that busy.

Mathieu Benoit wrote:The Producer in team Witty Placard came in on the first day with the banner already made, and had a detailed itinerary of the entire process already made a several threads created to discuss everything from the technical stuff to the arrangements to songwriting. I'm way spoiled this year.

And this is how I'd like to roll if I were producer. Incompetence frustrates me.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby macrae11 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:37 pm

Drummer showed up so you're off the hook Matt.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:47 pm

macrae11 wrote:Drummer showed up so you're off the hook Matt.

For now until I replace all his parts for better ones.... :twisted:

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:49 pm

We won't rule anything out...

He is an OIART grad though, so I'm really hoping for some competence. He got a little defensive about cozmicslops diatribes, but I reassured him and I think it'll work out.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:52 pm

macrae11 wrote:He got a little defensive about cozmicslops diatribes...

Do tell! I usually enjoyed those...

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:07 pm

It's a bit salty for here, but I'll show you sometime.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Alain Benoit » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:34 pm

Nothing is too salty for Middle Audio Forums. As a matter of fact I am standing next to Malcolm and he said to let her rip.
www.fluidaudiogroup.com

"No one has time to do it right, but we all seem to have time to do it twice."
Alain Benoit
Self Biased Resistor

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:38 pm

Alain Benoit wrote:Nothing is too salty for Middle Audio Forums. As a matter of fact I am standing next to Malcolm and he said to let her rip.

Cosmicslop was raised by a pack of feral longshoremen. I totally understand why Andrew would not want to post ANYTHING that guy says... however funny it may be.

EDIT: After having read his rant, I totally agree with Andrew and I'm jealous to not be in that giant mess. Way more exciting than my teams. My teams just work... BTW I don't think dwoz "reprimanded" you per se... I just think he wants to give your producer a chance to get his shit together. If you remember last year on my team our producer plain never showed up...so Goes211 lent us Fulcrum, who was fantasic.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:36 pm

Any signs of life from your producer yet?

EDIT: I just noticed that he has realized he's supposed to produce something.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:23 pm

Yes. I'm not sure that this bodes well...
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Next

Return to The Coffee Shop