Republican Biology

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

Republican Biology

Postby Nick H. » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:03 pm

I assume a lot of people have already seen this, but it seems way too insane, and funny in a really sad way I guess, not to share.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19324653
Nick H.
Bronze Member

Re: Republican Biology

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:07 pm

All I can say is, I just caught "The Campaign" yesterday, and it's almost too close to real life.
"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:11 pm

Yeah... That's pretty bad. Not only does he show a complete disregard for the medical science, his statement seems to completely exist to marginalize the effects of rape on women physically, and (by association) psychologically. Completely asinine.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Nick H. » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:25 pm

Mathieu Benoit wrote:Yeah... That's pretty bad. Not only does he show a complete disregard for the medical science, his statement seems to completely exist to marginalize the effects of rape on women physically, and (by association) psychologically. Completely asinine.

Exactly. The phrase "legitimate, forcible rape" is not really the most subtle way to insinuate what he believes to be a common inverse. I suppose that by suggesting that those women who become pregnant clearly weren't really raped, he's able to disregard the awful consequences of a strictly uniform, fundamentalist, and (to my mind) archaic piece of legislature he advocates.

America is a scary place.
Nick H.
Bronze Member

Postby Christian LeBlanc » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:19 pm

To more or less repeat what I just asked on facebook as a comment to another link on this story, and to add to it - what's with this weird war on women lately? I mean, sure, sexism's always been around and that's cool and everything, but haters seem to be stepping up their game lately. How come? Women are cool guys when you get to know them. I can only turn to conspiracy theories to figure it out, and assume that whatever shadow government that's controlling both Left and Right is more concerned about splitting the country up between Left and Right to make the populace easier to control in their divisive distraction, than actually getting any Republicans elected. That makes WAY more sense than having any human being hold such backwards, hateful opinions.
Christian LeBlanc
Silver Member

Postby Thom Chandler » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:49 pm

Christian LeBlanc wrote:…..more concerned about splitting the country up between Left and Right to make the populace easier to control in their divisive distraction, than actually getting any Republicans elected…..

Almost 10 years later your theory is more credible than ever. Facebook has been a huge contributor.
“…I can tell you / my cottage love is really strong / after the jerk-offs of summer have gone.” (with apologies to Don Henley)
Thom Chandler
Bronze Member

Return to The Coffee Shop