Imperial Theatre

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

Imperial Theatre

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:48 am

This year I'm planning on going to the imperial more, as part of my "take Joline on more dates" action plan. Are there such things as bad seats there? I just want to know what kind of seats I should be aiming for when I'm booking.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Re: Imperial Theatre

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:01 pm

People have pretty wide ranging opinions of what constitutes good seats there.

For me, there are rare exceptions to suggesting you sit centre orchestra, anywhere sort of K-S. That is the area I would consider "best" for most events, sound and sight wise. S15-17 may be the best sounding seats for music using the house Meyer PA.... (Mix depending of course.... :oops: )

For stuff like stand up comedy with one person on stage, sitting up close can be fun but with that comes the chance of you becoming a topic during, like last night's Jeremy Hotz show. Some "theatre" can be better up close, but even then I'm talking E-H kinda close, otherwise you start to see and hear things that you don't really want to. "Musicals" are just like a regular music show so for that please refer to my M-S suggestion.

I don't like the balcony for much of anything, but it certainly gives you a lovely view of the room....

"Bad" seats.... Any of the "private boxes", and far off to the sides E- around K. Balcony... in the dress circle anything further off than the balcony stairs is pretty bad. Truth be told, I don't love the dress circle for much of anything, but perhaps taller people have a better chance. In the upper section CC-FF far off to the outside.

Other folks will have different PsOV I'm sure.

"Once again, it is NEVER the gear that makes a good record.
It just fills Forum pages..." --compasspnt

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:06 pm

Mathieu Benoit wrote:This year I'm planning on going to the imperial more...
Oh... and if you want to appear in the know and a highbrow, it's never "The Imperial Theatre" but just "Imperial Theatre" as in "Joline and I are going to Imperial Theatre" or "My friend's Bon Jovi tribute band is playing at Imperial Theatre" or "Lincoln wasn't shot at Imperial Theatre".

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:07 pm

So HH25-26 would be less than ideal, for example?

Oh... and if you want to appear in the know and a highbrow, it's never "The Imperial Theatre" but just "Imperial Theatre" as in "Joline and I are going to Imperial Theatre" or "My friend's Bon Jovi tribute band is playing at Imperial Theatre" or "Lincoln wasn't shot at Imperial Theatre".

I'll have you know I only add "the" in the absence of "theatre".

Furthermore, Lincolm may have been shot there but I don't know anything about a Bon Jovi tribute.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:38 pm

Mathieu Benoit wrote:So HH25-26 would be less than ideal, for example?
That isn't in my specifically mentioned "sit at last resort" sections, but yeah... You're on the edge of that neighborhood.

Now CC32-33..... :shock:

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby dylanger » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:52 am

I sat a few rows in front of the sound booth for David Myles amd Rose Cousins and the sound was superb.
dylanger
Silver Member

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:19 pm

dylanger wrote:I sat a few rows in front of the sound booth for David Myles amd Rose Cousins and the sound was superb.
You're welcome!

middleaudio.com
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby dylanger » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:32 pm

Malcolm Boyce wrote:
dylanger wrote:I sat a few rows in front of the sound booth for David Myles amd Rose Cousins and the sound was superb.
You're welcome!

8-)

It must be nice to get to mix in that kind of environment, and somebody as good as Rose. I've been listening to her a bit lately and her voice is in the perfection category in my books.
dylanger
Silver Member

Return to The Coffee Shop