re-discovered this forum

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

re-discovered this forum

Postby Crimson Chameleon » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:27 am

Hello everyone. I "lost" this site when I switched to a new laptop, but I recently tracked it down. Nice to see things are still running as normal here with plenty of debate and excellent sharing of knowledge.

I broke my left wrist a few weeks back and I've been going crazy due to the inability to play any of my beloved string instruments.

Also, my life got pretty much turned upside down a year and a half ago with the birth of my first child, but I'm getting a hang of being a father so I hope to truly get more involved with the music scene in and around Saint John once this stupid cast gets removed. I know I've said it before, but I think this inability to play music has really motivated me to get my shit together and pursue what I love.

Anyways, I've always felt welcome on this site, so I hope to visit here more often now that I've found it again!

Have a great weekend everyone. I'll be heading to Sydney for the Music Nova Scotia awards weekend. My band has two nominations this year: Group Recording of the Year and Folk Recording of the Year. Plus we have a showcase but I think I'll just be playing percussion. At least we have a good buddy who can fill in on bass for me this weekend. Unfortunately he's away the next weekend when we have a gig in Truro. I'm presently learning how to play my bass lines on keyboard in order to cover the low end for that gig. Should be interesting!
Crimson Chameleon
Bronze Member

Re: re-discovered this forum

Postby macrae11 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:55 pm

It definitely ebbs and flows around here but every once in a while there's some real interesting things to read. The first step is to have interesting people doing interesting things so we're glad you're back!
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby dylanger » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:19 am

Good to hear from you! I was listening to that gig we did a while back and thought of you and your little one. I'm in Alberta now but should be home for a couple months this summer. You and the family should come to my recording paradise I've acquired. Its in the middle of the woods and on a river so its pretty peaceful, maybe we can even convince Mr. Benoit to play some drums!
dylanger
Silver Member

Postby Christian LeBlanc » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:22 pm

Congratulations on the nominations, and I hope you had a good time at the awards! Here's hoping your wrist heals up real quick. Speaking of ebbing, I've been doing way more lurking than posting lately, which I'll have to change.
Christian LeBlanc
Silver Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:19 pm

Glad to see you are still doing well man! I took a bit of a break from this forum as well, but I think I'll be making a resurgence soon.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Return to The Coffee Shop