Spend the day with Dave Ogilvie

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

Spend the day with Dave Ogilvie

Postby Christian LeBlanc » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:30 pm

Not sure if this is of interest to anyone here or not, but I thought I should mention it in case it is. My favourite Canadian band The Birthday Massacre is crowdfunding their next album, and a $500 reward gets you a mixing day in the studio with Dave Ogilvie (and a few band members). The catches are that (a) it's in Vancouver, (b) dates haven't been announced yet, and (c) it's $500, as mentioned. You can click here if you're interested, though. (They reached their funding within the first 24 hours, by the way, so please don't think I'm "hustling" or part of some sinister "street team" or something ;-) )
Christian LeBlanc
Silver Member

Re: Spend the day with Dave Ogilvie

Postby Scott DeVarenne » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:56 am

Did you give them $500?
Maybe unrelated- from what I have read here of your taste in music, I am guessing you are familiar with a band called Beach House. Oui?
Scott DeVarenne
mr distant

Postby Christian LeBlanc » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:45 am

I did not give them $500; I'm scared of Vancouver. Or the cost of a plane ticket to Vancouver, whichever. I have not yet heard of Beach House, but I will at lunch today, thanks for the heads up! If they're anything like that H&K amp you recommended to me, I will adore them and run pedals through them and buy a nice cab for them.
Christian LeBlanc
Silver Member

Postby Scott DeVarenne » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:14 am

Scott DeVarenne
mr distant

Return to The Coffee Shop