Politics

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

Re: Politics

Postby Thom Chandler » Tue May 04, 2021 8:39 am

“It’s time me for change!”

...the same old slogan yet again ....
“…I can tell you / my cottage love is really strong / after the jerk-offs of summer have gone.” (with apologies to Don Henley)
Thom Chandler
Bronze Member

Postby Thom Chandler » Tue May 25, 2021 9:14 am

BC authorities are obviously hallucinating or lying about gang shootings since Justin made us all safe by banning those bad rifles.
“…I can tell you / my cottage love is really strong / after the jerk-offs of summer have gone.” (with apologies to Don Henley)
Thom Chandler
Bronze Member

Postby Thom Chandler » Thu May 27, 2021 10:48 am

Daddy almost bankrupted the country. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.
Thom Chandler
Bronze Member

Postby Thom Chandler » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:47 am

Re: NB timber royalties.

Count me among the voters who who were fooled again.
It appears we have a premier who is indeed in the pocket of his former employer.

“Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose”. - Rush

“Meet the new boss....same as the old boss”. - The Who
Thom Chandler
Bronze Member

Postby Thom Chandler » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:57 am

The federal government announced today that it would conduct a public inquiry and issue a report on why the federal government only conducts public inquiries and issues reports, especially about public inquiries and their reports.
Thom Chandler
Bronze Member

Postby Thom Chandler » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:44 pm

Speculation?
Of course we’re headed in to an election. PM Silverspoon got a haircut and more importantly, shaved. Read your history.
Last edited by Thom Chandler on Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thom Chandler
Bronze Member

Postby Thom Chandler » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:01 am

Dear Minister Shephard,
How’s that doctor recruitment coming along?
The silence has been deafening.
Thom Chandler
Bronze Member

Postby Thom Chandler » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:36 pm

News item:
“Atwin says she can vote against Liberals”

…..Sure, until the morning after the federal election. (Assuming she retains her seat)
Thom Chandler
Bronze Member

Postby Thom Chandler » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:51 am

Seen the paper lately?
The Feds are really shoving this Atwin thing down our throats huh?
Atwin = Leblanc = Irving = Brunswick News
Thom Chandler
Bronze Member

Postby Thom Chandler » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:54 pm

Thom Chandler wrote:……the media had lost its impartiality……

In the US impartiality was actually legislated out of existence. Nice work.
Thom Chandler
Bronze Member

Postby Thom Chandler » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:34 pm

There is a federally funded anti-firearms ad running lately (in the middle of Nova Scotias’ provincial election. No coincidence.) that is intentionally misleading.
You know the one.

Some facts:
From the National Police Federation -
• In the last decade, handguns have been the primary firearm used in gun-related homicides. In 2019, over 60 percent of the 261 homicides committed with a firearm involved a handgun. These firearms are either already prohibited or restricted in Canada, illustrating the issue of the complexity of illegal firearms usage.
• The 2020 “assault” or “assault-style” firearms ban does not alter the status of handguns in Canada. In fact, “assault” or “assault-style” is not a legal weapons classification in Canada – they are colloquial terms to describe high-power and rapid-fire guns (often used by the military) that are mostly already banned in Canada.

• Canada shares the world’s longest undefended border with the world’s largest manufacturer of small arms: The United States. In 2019 alone, 2,242 illegally sold guns used in crimes in Canada were traced back to manufacturers in the United States.i In April 2020, 22 people including RCMP Constable Heidi Stephenson lost their lives in a tragic mass shooting in which all firearms used were illegally obtained. Of the four firearms used, three were obtained illegally from the United States,ii and the gunman did not have a Possession and Acquisition firearms license, making his possession of any firearm illegal.

Costly and current legislation, such as the Order in Council prohibiting various firearms and the proposed “buy-back” program by the federal government targeted at legal firearm owners, does not address these current and emerging themes or urgent threats to public safety.
It also does not address:
criminal activity,
illegal firearms proliferation, gang crime,
illegal guns crossing the border or the criminal use of firearms.
In fact, it diverts extremely important personnel, resources, and funding away from addressing
the more immediate and growing threat of criminal use of illegal firearms.

Read the entire document, complete with references, here:
https://npfcontent.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Gun-Violence-and-Public-Safety-in-Canada-PS-Final-EN.pdf

Do not bow to disingenuous politicized fear tactics.
Thom Chandler
Bronze Member

Postby Thom Chandler » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:41 pm

PM hits the campaign trail!
[youtube] https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fAFjjs7UTSw[/youtube]
Thom Chandler
Bronze Member

Postby Thom Chandler » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:12 am

Q: How can you tell if a politician is lying?

A: His/her mouth is moving.
Thom Chandler
Bronze Member

Postby Thom Chandler » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:29 am

PM embarrasses Canadians during first India trip:

“Not this time!” PM preps for 2nd trip:
Thom Chandler
Bronze Member

Postby Thom Chandler » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:15 am

As goes Nova Scotia, so goes the nation?
Fingers crossed.
Thom Chandler
Bronze Member

Postby Thom Chandler » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:49 am

“…and bless her heart, she never complains….”
Thom Chandler
Bronze Member

Postby Thom Chandler » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:59 am

PM welcomes press to tour the new home of the double standard…
Thom Chandler
Bronze Member

Postby Thom Chandler » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:04 pm

Seriously though, I’ve got nothing against the guy personally. I’m sure he’s great fun at parties (unless you’re a female reporter, allegedly).
Thom Chandler
Bronze Member

Postby Thom Chandler » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:31 pm

Based on my paystubs, I’m working for PM Silverspoon from Monday morning until mid Tuesday afternoon.
I can’t afford 4 more years.
Thom Chandler
Bronze Member

Postby Thom Chandler » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:25 am

It’s not balancing itself….it’s not balancing itself….
Thom Chandler
Bronze Member

Postby Thom Chandler » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:48 pm

“Wow….this is, like, way harder than teaching drama….”
Last edited by Thom Chandler on Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thom Chandler
Bronze Member

Postby Thom Chandler » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:11 am

The daily stream of soundbites with politicians claiming “we couldn’t have known or predicted” what was going to happen in Afghanistan is CRAP.
Information and evaluation has been presented to governments and is readily available to the public here:
https://www.sigar.mil/
Thom Chandler
Bronze Member

Postby Thom Chandler » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:03 pm

Green Party gambles on Fredericton candidate:

“Yo Jenica, send me Dominics’ phone number.”
Last edited by Thom Chandler on Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thom Chandler
Bronze Member

Postby Thom Chandler » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:12 am

“Kiwi mid-brown ma’am. And you?”
Thom Chandler
Bronze Member

Postby Thom Chandler » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:25 am

News item: Justin promises billions to bloat bureaucracy.

Whoa there Silverspoon, that’s my paycheque you’re spending.
Thom Chandler
Bronze Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop