(Don't mind the ranting please)

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

(Don't mind the ranting please)

Postby Burnsy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:06 pm

Well folks, the government has screwed me again. It appears that I made too much money last year (working FOR the government) so they are not going to give me enough for my tuition for next semester at school. So the chances of me returning to school are pretty slim I guess. (For those of you who don't know, I was taking Audio Engineering at the Centre for Arts) Damn the Man!!!!

(So here we go, for those of you with sensitive ears, please proceed to the last statement of this post)

Now it doesn't make much sense to me, the way they work things out over there in their stuffy little offices doing their calculations and making people's lives miserable. If I had sat on my ass all last year, screwing the turtle, drinking beer getting high on whip cream fumes, eating Pal O Mine bars with my social assistance cheques, they would have given me a full loan AND they would have paid up to 75% of my tuition, and up to 50% of my living costs. NO JOKE!!! (no offence to any or all people involved in the above activities)

But because I worked FOR them, made a decent living, working all ours of the night, dealing with criminals and being on call for emergency situations, traveling for hours out of my way, at any given point in time, paying my debt to society, and FINALLY having some money (for those of you who know me, making money has always been a weak point for me), they tell me they don't have money for me because I made too much last year.

Why is it that they wouldn't factor in the RISK involved giving money to certain people. Like I am a serious mature student, getting A's in all my classes, but take the punk ass turd not doing anything but milking the proverbial teet, or even giving a crap about homework or going to class, scraping by with D- averages, they'd be more than willing to give him money (for the above mentioned activities in paragraph #2), and not me.

Not only that, but who is more likely to pay them back when the course is finished???? The person with a job, serious income, etc, and serious about his schooling and work..... or the punk ass teet-milking turd?

Maybe this year I should sit my ass back down on the couch, drink some beer, get fat, collect the pogey, screw the turtle AND the poney, eat chocolate wafers, light some fires, break some windows, shave some heads, piss on some Stop signs.........THEN they'll most definitely pay for everything under the sun so I can get an education, and continue doing all the activities in the above mentioned paragraph.

Remember folks, you DO get something for nothing in this world.

Thanks for listening.

Tom
Burnsy
Bronze Member

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:12 pm

People who know me, soooooooooooooo know how I feel about this stuff. I have been down the road of looking at government help for my business. The first thing people say, when they find out you're a small businessman, is "There must be financial help for you from the government...." The truth is.... NO!

As Tom said, if I were disabled, uneducated, and unemployed for the last 15 years... they'd have all kinds of programs I'd fit into. Because I'm reasonably successful, forget about it! I even had someone in loop suggest that I go on unemployment to work the system.... NOT!!! That's exactly what's wrong with the system!

What now Tom? I haven't gotten dollar one from the government, since my student loan nearly 20 years ago... which I paid plenty of interest on by the way.

I'm in business... why not you?

I'm just asking.
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Well..

Postby Burnsy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:24 pm

Damned if know what I'm doing next. I guess, with the extra time on my hands, I'm going to need more money to start paying on my student loan, so I guess that means I need another job. As far as musically, well, I learned some basics, and I still am planning on making an album one way or another. Just maybe not the way I had anticipated. Any ideas?
Burnsy
Bronze Member

Postby Scott DeVarenne » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:20 pm

Arggh! It seems like everything is plotting against us.
I have an idea. I am going to turn off this computer
and go work on some music.
Scott DeVarenne
mr distant

Huh?

Postby Burnsy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:56 pm

"I'm in business... why not you?

I'm just asking."

Malcolm, I'm not sure what it is that your asking me? [/quote]
Burnsy
Bronze Member

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:11 pm

It was more in reference to the "What now?" portion of my babble.

We need to sit down over a warm caffeinated beverage and catch up.

Oh, and I think you could have made good use of the smiley I added for just such occasions: >>>
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Burnsy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:18 pm

HAhaha! That is so me right now, man that's funny. Yeah, the caffenated beverage would be a good idea. I'm not sure when I'm back in town though, well for more than an hour or so. But I'll let you know.
Burnsy
Bronze Member

And...

Postby Burnsy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:22 pm

I'm sure we have some very similar "the government screwed me" stories to share. Should be fun, you know they should make a government screwed me day, where we all gather round a camp fire, share hot beverages and rant and rave about the doings of the government. (I'm starting to sound like an old fart!!!)
Burnsy
Bronze Member

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:25 pm

I haven't really given them the chance to "screw" me... They just haven't helped me any...

... yet.
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Burnsy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:34 pm

.....yet eh? So you have some mighty plans a brewing eh? Hmmm....................................interesting.............yes.........interesting.
Burnsy
Bronze Member

Postby roachie » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:58 pm

Maybe this year I should sit my ass back down on the couch, drink some beer, get fat, collect the pogey, screw the turtle AND the poney, eat chocolate wafers, light some fires, break some windows, shave some heads, piss on some Stop signs.........

I don't have a turtle.
All jokes aside, why don't yourself, Malcom, and I hook up together and exchange notes the next time you're in town Burnsy. Let me know, and bring your Turtle. I feel like gettin' "all up on's"!!!
roachie
Sean Roach

Yesir

Postby Burnsy » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:30 pm

That does sound like a very good idea roach. I may be actually moving back to sj sometime in the future. See I'm looking for a full time job right now, well I just want to start making some mooolaaahh, and I haven't limited my search to F-town. So that might be happenning. I believe, now that my schedule is freed up some, I may have more time to do such things, so I will definitely let you know. (everyone needs a good turtle)
Burnsy
Bronze Member

Return to The Coffee Shop