Cruise ships

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

Cruise ships

Postby roachie » Thu May 31, 2007 9:28 pm

Anybody know any inside contacts to get a job as a performer/audio tech/stagehand on a boat?
roachie
Sean Roach

Postby weatherstation audio » Thu May 31, 2007 9:59 pm

I recorded a CD once for some lads that worked this circuit... perhaps you know some of these guys ? I seem to have lost touch with em' in the last couple of years... here's the old link.

http://www.themikes.net/Profiles.php
"sweet songs never last too long on a broken radio"
weatherstation audio
Bronze Member

Postby roachie » Thu May 31, 2007 10:04 pm

'fraid I don't know those cats. I suppose they went as a group, whereas I'm just lookin' to do some pubs on the boats, if you can even do that...
roachie
Sean Roach

Postby weatherstation audio » Thu May 31, 2007 10:10 pm

well from what I hear, the whole cruise ship racket is like signing up for a Las Vegas production... but, if the money was good, I'd temporarily sell my soul for some exotic traveling and seasonal time in the sun during the winter months.
"sweet songs never last too long on a broken radio"
weatherstation audio
Bronze Member

Postby Roderick » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:04 am

The guidance consolor at my school did that for several months with some compagny like Carnival , or something , il ask and get back to you
Roderick

Postby macrae11 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:13 am

My wife's cousin has done several tours with Carnival and loved it. The pay is very good (American money, no tax) and apparently is a lot of fun for performers/techs. Not so good if your the cleaning crew, but artists get treated a lot better and work a lot less.

I'll see if I can get in touch with him and find out who to contact.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby roachie » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:00 pm

That's what I'm thinking... fun, travel, music, money... I've already sold out, so I might as well get paid...
roachie
Sean Roach

Postby Roderick » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:14 am

Guidance consolor who did this line of work said that some compagnies do in house hiring, others, not. The sugestion is to chechout the websites for major cruise lines, ther allways looking for people. 8-)
Roderick

Re: Cruise ships

Postby Redeye Mojo » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:24 pm

roachie wrote:Anybody know any inside contacts to get a job as a performer/audio tech/stagehand on a boat?

There is a cruise ship line which has a web presence specifically geared toward recruiting talent etc. I don't recall right off hand which line it is specifically, or if it is a "sub" contractor, but Google it...

Talk with Tim Maloney, I'm not sure if he did a stint or not, but I know he was going to... His Uncle, Dan Maloney, did a few tours back before his health got bad... You could speak with him as well I suppose, but that can be trying at the best of times... He was all over the globe, Egypt, etc...

With your well rounded talents and experience, I'm certain you would be a shoe in...
Redeye Mojo

Return to The Coffee Shop