Flaming Comments...

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:19 pm

Yeah... the cast is much much better this year, because it's fresh and everyone is still positive. As always, YMMV.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Greg H. » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:06 pm

roachie wrote:Don't let Matts negative ramblings deter you...

Well it wasn't just matt, it was also Nick coming into physics every day last semester with a new story of hate from the place... Still, i would like to make a bit more money than i make at DQ.
Make Awkward Sexual Advances, Not War.
Greg H.
Silver Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:20 pm

Don't worry Sean's got his own stories too, he just doesn't write them down.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby roachie » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:49 am

Yeah... once we made $300 in tips.... that was cool... Once upon a time everybody got along and we'd go out and party after every show... that was cool... Once there was a wine heist and everybody, including the kitchen staff, worked together to hide it from the boss, and I wasn't even working there at the time... that was cool...

There are thousands of those examples... I wouldn't have done it for 4 years if it wasn't a great time, great laughs... hell, I got a girlfriend out of it and we're on our 6th year...

The thing is, every job can go in all directions, but working with good friends makes anything tolerable... every now and again you get some rotten apples, but hell... we'll make a pie out of them and give it to that glory-hole Billy Bob Thorton...
roachie
Sean Roach

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:54 am

roachie wrote: Once there was a wine heist and everybody, including the kitchen staff, worked together to hide it from the boss, and I wasn't even working there at the time... that was cool...

That is one of my favorite stories. I'm totally gonna write than one and post it.

roachie wrote:I got a girlfriend out of it and we're on our 6th year...

I'll definitely give you that one.

roachie wrote:The thing is, every job can go in all directions, but working with good friends makes anything tolerable...

When you, Jon and Chel left the job became less tolerable. But your point is well received.

I agree with one thing, it's all about what you make it. But that's like anything. Without the Dinner Theatre, I'd have never met you or Jon, who I can consider my best friends. It hasn't been all bad, but fuck there have been some WTF moments. I know you acknowledge them because we've discussed them. I appreciate that you are trying to be the yin to my yang, but Sean there's a reason you had enough of it and left.

That being said, what do you say we go back? I'll go with ya... Third time's a charm. Betcha he'll take me back. ;-)

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:03 pm

Whaddya say Roach? Let's bring Wawa with us while we're at it.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:22 pm

Final section of the final chapter. The epilogue will follow shortly.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:30 pm

Wow I'm going to have to go back through all the previous episodes to refresh my memory now.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:32 pm

Sorry, I lost my need to vent after I left so it took a while to get the inspiration back.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby jammy jamz » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:11 pm

B R A V O.

you need to take a bow after that drumwaiter. not only is the writing superb, but the way you handled all the situations...

bravo man. i thoroughly enjoyed every piece of that pie.

the best part of the story, is that you got a great drum kit out of the deal. and the wine part too...
jammy jamz
Bronze Member

Postby macrae11 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:46 pm

Brilliant Matt. I'd never heard the Great Wine Caper in it's entirety before.

I can't read whats on the shirt though.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:48 pm

macrae11 wrote:I can't read whats on the shirt though.

Middle Audio

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:50 pm

Awesome!
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Greg H. » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:25 am

Phew, for a second there I thought you were going to pull a Mixerman and never post the final chapter online.
Make Awkward Sexual Advances, Not War.
Greg H.
Silver Member

Postby Jef » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:08 pm

It's been 2 years at the Flaming Bird for me now... I could write a sequel to the saga. The only thing is, nearly all the cast is new and the off-stage drama is virtually gone. Would probably be nowhere near as interesting to read as Matt's tales of woe. :cry:

Maybe I could make some shit up. :twisted:
"I did what any good producer would do. I rolled a fatty." - Mixerman -
Jef
Gold Member

Postby Nick H. » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:19 pm

Jef wrote:It's been 2 years at the Flaming Bird for me now... I could write a sequel to the saga. The only thing is, nearly all the cast is new and the off-stage drama is virtually gone. Would probably be nowhere near as interesting to read as Matt's tales of woe. :cry:

Surely you've got some interesting stories from the Christmas run a year ago? I know I sure had some, that was a LOT of drama.
Nick H.
Bronze Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:20 pm

There's still some interesting stories actually. You just don't hear about them from up there. But for the most part the drama has subsided since the old cast has been mostly purged. There are still some note-worthy stories from the last 2 years though... I just don't want to get in to them. I've moved on since then, which is why the last chapter took so long to get the inspiration for. As soon as I left there I left behind all of the negative feelings I had and I didn't carry much of it with me. So I don't really care what goes on there anymore. I still here the occasional stories that are good for a chuckle, but I'm much more removed now and can see those for what they are: Not important in the grand scheme of things.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: The Great Wine Caper... I have to admit, I watched the Thomas Crown affair a lot when I was younger. That being said, I've added a new quote to my signature. He is my idol.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:20 pm

Nick H. wrote:
Jef wrote:It's been 2 years at the Flaming Bird for me now... I could write a sequel to the saga. The only thing is, nearly all the cast is new and the off-stage drama is virtually gone. Would probably be nowhere near as interesting to read as Matt's tales of woe. :cry:

Surely you've got some interesting stories from the Christmas run a year ago? I know I sure had some, that was a LOT of drama.

Like I said, drama doesn't usually travel that far up the balcony.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Previous

Return to The Coffee Shop