Flaming Comments...

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:24 am

macrae11 wrote:Yeah we're just starting to get into the good stuff. Although the more I read the more I'm getting pissed off at you for letting me get involved later on. A heads up would have been nice. :-D

Dude, I had no idea really who you were back then, and for the record, you only subbed in form time to time. Besides, most sound men are very removed from the bullshit on the floor. We have a current member on this forum who knows this to be true as well as anyone... We'll give him a day or so to read this and see if he'd like to chime in. ;-)
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Redeye Mojo » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:02 am

The plot thickens!

That was juicier than fillet of salmon with creamy dill sauce...

This is good for you... It's all about catharsis baby! ;-)
Redeye Mojo

Postby Alain Benoit » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:02 am

Dont forget about when Aphro storms off the stage during Wyre's tech rehearsal.
www.fluidaudiogroup.com

"No one has time to do it right, but we all seem to have time to do it twice."
Alain Benoit
Self Biased Resistor

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:45 am

I would never leave that out! All in due time, we are not quite there yet... But thanks everyone for taking an interest.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby roachie » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:58 pm

Now keep in mind, this is a story from one angle... not saying it isn't true, but it's not the only story.
roachie
Sean Roach

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:07 am

I'd certainly welcome any other angles, that anyone would like to post here in the comment section! I realize that this is only one person's views, and there different takes on the events. But what I write are FACTS with my opinion and color commentary. But to the best of my knowledge, the events are true to memory.

Also I realize that I have an apathetic view of what happens there, but that's because the place does feel like a prison to me. That has NEVER been a secret to anyone.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Scott DeVarenne » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:54 am

I went there a couple of years ago to see about replacing Sebastian in the technical seat
because I think he said he was going back to school and didn't have enough time or something.
Tator or whatever you are calling *edit* was obviously a drunk with serious social/sexual issues.
There is no way I would work for someone like that, even if the pay wasn't shitty, which it was.

*Mr Flaming Bird*
Last edited by Scott DeVarenne on Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scott DeVarenne
mr distant

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:35 am

I invited K-Lo to come see it. She knows that what I've written was how I felt at the time and doesn't necessarily reflect how I feel now. I'm proud to have worked with her and a lot of them. Albeit we all know how difficult it was at the time.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:42 am

Mathieu wrote:I invited K-Lo to come see it....
Nice job luring in the talent...
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:01 am

It is my duty as a moderator of this fine forum, to try and bring people to it. There are a number of people who were or are involved in this saga who have lurked on here, or are even members. I wasn't intending on this to be hidden otherwise it would be just that... hidden. This is a public forum and as such I've done my best to protect the identities of the individuals, but I did want to tell the story. My side of it anyways... If anyone else would like to tell there side of things, it's more than welcome. I may have it wrong in my opinions, however I did the best I could to stay true to the facts when it came to events that transpired.

Also for the record, throughout most of the time I spent there, I'm sure I was viewed by many as being a big asshole. Fair enough, but in my defense I was getting tired of feeling abused. So I'd retaliate. I don't necessarily condone those actions, but I was nowhere near perfect in any of this. However, it's obvious that this is my take on things. It is my story. If someone else saw it differently they have every right to write their own story.

This thread is merely a way for me to cleanse myself of what transpired. Because when I leave in 52 days, I want to be at peace with all of this shit. As I write each chapter I am also letting go of my ill feelings towards those events that transpired. I want to start my new year with an emotional clean slate as far as this is concerned. This is my therapy, every time I write a new chapter I feel lighter. So I will see it through.

***I wanted to make a note: I edited Chapter 4 to include a paragraph that slipped my mind concerning a law suit at the beginning. It wasn't a huge deal. Just wanted to be accurate in my reporting.***

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby oddioguy » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:04 am

Malcolm Boyce wrote:
Mathieu wrote:I invited K-Lo to come see it....
Nice job luring in the talent...

:shock:

:!:

:twisted:
"Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers"
oddioguy
Thom Chandler

Postby ALaudio » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:49 pm

Wow, if stuff like what occurred in chapter 4 is happening now, I'm glad I don't get to see it. It seems like the people who were involved back then were possibly a bit more volatile as a group than the current people that are there.
ALaudio

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:15 pm

Yes and no...this group isn't without it's volatility. If it isn't one person being a douche it seems to be someone else. I think it's my turn next week! Yay! :twisted:

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:04 am

Chapter 5 will be coming to you sometime late next week. I'm just getting out of rehearsals for the current show tonight.

By the way...lately things have been going very well, no fights or tension, it's kinda eerie... But I'll take it....46 days to go!

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:36 pm

Jesus... I spoke way too fucking soon. Within 4 days, it's gone to hell again.

So, last night we were hosting the 3rd annual Divine Divas benefit. This is an event that Shynea and some of her peers organize to raise money for various charitable orginizations. They can raise anywhere between fifty and seventy thousand dollars at one of these. It's a lot of stinkin' cash, made really quickly. It's a wonderful girls only night out and the event itself, is a lot of fun, everyone dresses up in their best disco gear. This is the only fundraising event that I really enjoy doing for a variety of reasons. I don't have to set up, clean up or serve anything. I just play 3 short sets, and I get free finger foods and drinks. But mostly, it's because this event has absolutely NOTHING to do with Taytor. Shynea organizes this entire event independantly of Taytor, all he does is volunteer the venue for the evening. That's his donation. The cast does this every year for Shynea's benefit, not his. He doesn't even need to come to the event... and this time it would have been best.

Now before we get on with the story, one more thing worth noting. Delta Hotels is a platinum level sponsor for the event, they donate tens of thousands of dollars in goods and services to the event. Their servers fight over who can come to the Flaming Bird to volunteer their time to serve the food provided by the Delta.

Now that I set up the scenario, here's the cliff notes version of what happened:

Taytor was at the event as he is every year. This year though he had been drinking heavily, something that I thought was behind us. Now in all fairness to Taytor I have to say that he's has gone through some really terrible personal trauma this past week. It isn't an excuse but it helps to put things into perspective. He should have been home grieving and not out in public. Period.

He was joking with me early on in the night as to how he'd like divert one of the trays to his table so that he didn't have get up to get some food. I said to him, that if he asked one of them they might be able to help him out with that. Later on however he took the liberty of asking one of his kitchen staff to take a tray that had bee momentarily put down by the server. The kitchen help, not knowing any better, was about to bring him the tray when the server realized that her tray disappeared. She went to go recover her tray, and Taytor saw that as a direct insult to himself. He then proceeded to "explain" to her that he didn't need their fucking food, and grab the tray from her and threw it in the garbage and said that she could stick it straight up her ass... Needless to say the server left the kitchen crying. Taytor pursued her, and continued with his usual charm. Within 3 minutes there were a handful of Delta servers crying.

Taytor wasn't done yet though, he then told one of our cast members that anyone that eats the Delta's food would be fired on the spot. [Damn I wished I had known that at the time... My countdown would be much shorter. :lol: ] He started to tear strips out of the cast member in question. He had enough and told Taytor to get out of his face (and justly so). He went on to continue his tyrade on Shynea next, explaining to her how it's "his fucking building" and on, and on... He's embarassing poor Shynea to no ends.

He then proceeds to Laydee, Shynea's daughter and our team leader. To explain that the cast was to stay away from the food. Laydee, very politely explained that this didn't really make sense. So he proceed to tell her off, in not so many words, then gathered the rest of the cast, and wanted to hold an emergency cast meeting, but Laydee and I weren't invited. Hmm... So I crashed his "meeting" just to hear what he had to say, then I walked out on him after hearing his "spin" on the events, I could believe the amount of bullshit coming out of his fucking mouth, nor was I sure of why everyone else was still in there listening to the shit. He was blocking the door, but that wasn't going to stop me, that's for damn sure. I'm pushed him aside, told him that I couldn't support any of this and that I wasn't staying to listen to it. I went back to Shynea and Laydee, and declared that this wasn't even worth fighting him over...He's just being a silly little bitch.

Meanwhile Shynea's husband is likely somewhere else in the building, trying to not to put Taytor in the hospital, at least that's what I'd be doing were I him... But I'm just speculating. I have a lot of respect for this man, to show so much patience.

While this is going on, Shynea can't do her live auction, and when items are being bid on for thousands of dollars a piece, every minute not auctioning is money lost.

Taytor wouldn't look my in the eye all night. Except to scowl me while I was on stage, when I was off though he didn't say shit to me. He realizes by now, he can't spin me.

I had to leave to go to Cougars, so I wasn't around for the end. Howver I heard that Taytor gave a big closing speech at the end of the night, thanking all of the cast for the hard work, and insisted on paying them all for their work at this benefit, for which he had nothing to do with.

My bet is that 65$ each isn't going to make us forget... we're not 3 years old...

Man, oh, man.............. How does he even sleep at night?
Last edited by Mathieu Benoit on Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:39 pm

I think this will be in Chapter 7... but I wanted to write it down while it was fresh.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:44 am

Malcolm Boyce wrote:I can't wait to read the cast list at the end... ;-)

Drumwaiter wrote:I think you're a little optimistic to believe that there'll be any people left at the end...

Hey Malcolm, now do you believe me? :-P

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Scott DeVarenne » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:36 pm

I've read these chronicles but I seem to have missed the part about Taytor getting punched in the mouth.
Surely, this has happened at least once in the last few years(?). No?
Scott DeVarenne
mr distant

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:18 pm

No it hasn't. Which is the most shocking part about all of this. I'm not saying I wish him (or anyone) any personal harm. But the fact that it hasn't happened yet, is nothing short of a fucking miracle.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:57 am

Sorry about the delay folks. I have to catch up on my sleep. I've also been busy at work lately too. I'm hoping to have CHAPTER FIVE - Hell On Wheels up by Monday.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:56 pm

Chapter 5 - Hell On Wheels is up, early than expected, I felt inspired. Bon Apetit! 8-)

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby macrae11 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:55 pm

Ah so that's why you haven't been posting with your usual prolific nature.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:03 pm

This shit is hard to write! I have to concentrate. You are right, now I can start posting all kinds of things everywhere.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby oddioguy » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:08 pm

There is a recurring theme to all these chapters, and although nobody can predict the future, I have premonitions that involve Matt and 2008....

Last edited by oddioguy on Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers"
oddioguy
Thom Chandler

Postby macrae11 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:12 pm

Hey can you post a list of the cast members and when they were introduced?

example: Moose episode 5

I can't seem to follow everyone. Maybe there are to many people with the word Diva in their name.
macrae11
Andrew MacRae

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop