Atlantica gossip?

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

Atlantica gossip?

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:41 pm

Kenny MacLean...??? Anyone....? Anyone...?

Did he finally say, "How did I end up here????"
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:14 am

So I was hoping someone would jump on this... I'll have to break it...

Kenny MacLean appears to be done at Atlantica.

I have info from more than one source involved in the outfit that he is gone, from both the "School" and the "House Band"...

SURPRISE!!! :roll:
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Redeye Mojo » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:02 am

I don't know where you are getting your info, but I think you are way off base on this one.
I'm positive he is staying, as I just heard on CBC that he will be singing the national anthem at Harbour Station to kick off the Sea Dogs VS St. Johns Fog Devils game this Saturday night. The visiting team insisted on him. They love the authentic Newfie flair he brings to the anthem.
I'll be in the Moosehead box. Wouldn't miss this for the world. I love Newfie music!
Redeye Mojo

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:11 am

Is he still in town? Come to think of it I haven't run into him very much lately... Good for him though if that's true. I mean come on guys he's fricken Kenny MacLean of PLATINUM BLONDE! We aren't deserving really. Think about it, do some soul searching you'll realize that I'm right. He was just too good to be true. :-(
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:06 pm

Redeye Mojo wrote:I don't know where you are getting your info, but I think you are way off base on this one.
I'm positive he is staying, as I just heard on CBC that he will be singing the national anthem at Harbour Station to kick off the Sea Dogs VS St. Johns Fog Devils game this Saturday night. The visiting team insisted on him. They love the authentic Newfie flair he brings to the anthem.
I'll be in the Moosehead box. Wouldn't miss this for the world. I love Newfie music!
What's with the "Newf" comments? Am I not getting a joke?

I hope he is "staying".... Just not with that outfit.

I'm sure damage control will spin it to make it look good for everyone involved.

We need people like Kenny who are able to get folks fired up about the scene, and get things going. I have great respect for him as a musician and writer, and I sincerely hope he sticks around after he's done with that place.
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:20 pm

Sure he can come live with me even... We'll go pick up chicks together! :-|
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:30 pm

Mathieu wrote:Sure he can come live with me even... We'll go pick up chicks together! :-|
I don't think he could handle the competition... :roll:
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:45 pm

Yes...sadly I'm a huge whorebag.

Back on topic... Kenny always seemed like a genuinely nice guy to me. He never seemed very knowledgeable about a lot of things but that never bothered me much. I've spoken with people that knew him in Toronto, that were never impressed with with his lack of sense when it came to certain things.

However, I agree with Malcolm; He's someone doing something and I appreciate anyone local of not, who is passionate about uplifting the scene.

That said, the fact that he doesn't know that my A/D converter is meant to convert analog to digital audio signal (as opposed to say... analog to digital babana trees) is of little consequence to me. Since I didn't need him for that answer anyway... :-P

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:05 pm

I'm starting to hear rumors from all over the place that Kenny was in deed let go by the establishment. I wonder what the story is there... Or maybe there's no story, it's just a cumulation of things.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:33 pm

... and where did you hear it first again? ;-)
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:51 pm

So now that Kenny Mac is done, who is the "Director" of the "Recording Arts Program" at Atlantica? I believe that was his title...
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby Alain Benoit » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:08 pm

I'm due to have my monthly dinner with the director of admissions next Thursday, maybe she will fill me in.
www.fluidaudiogroup.com

"No one has time to do it right, but we all seem to have time to do it twice."
Alain Benoit
Self Biased Resistor

Return to The Coffee Shop