Invisible man @ Musicstop

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

Invisible man @ Musicstop

Postby oddioguy » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:31 pm

So a buddy of mine went into the new Musicstop store to look around and lo and behold, he spies a Marshall JCM2000 half stack on special.

Cool.....just what he wanted.

So he walks up to the sales counter, and waits behind another customer. In the meantime, a 3rd customer walks up and stands roughly beside him. When cutomer 1 is done, salesguy immediately goes to help 3rd customer, and so it went, ignoring my buddy for a full 20 minutes.
So he puts his credit card away and turns to leave. That's when someone finally asks if they can help him.
"Too late now", is his reply, and leaves.

I'm not impressed.
"Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers"
oddioguy
Thom Chandler

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:14 pm

I'm sure Steve would not like to hear about that happening, but would like to know about it. Without knowing the exact details, and exactly how badly your bud was pushed aside/ignored, I'd say they should go about contacting the manager of said Musicstop and let them know about how they feel.

I've been there before myself, speaking of the situation... not Musicstop, and it's not cool. I've always looked younger than my age, and I chalked a lot of it up to age discrimination... "Young guy wasn't going to spend much money anyway..." kind of thing.

Telling their story at the source, assuming they are reasonable, goes a longer way then just saying they won't be back there. They weren't robbed, they were just treated rudely...

Too bad for an experience in a beautiful new shop. I was down there on grand opening day, and picked up a new set of hi-hats, and a boom arm from Andrew McRae, and got a great deal on all, and was dealt with in fine fashion.

A real music store in Saint John has been a long time coming.
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby fish » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:43 pm

I can go one better. In fact this may be the worst thing I've ever seen in a music store (NOT MusicStop) A few years ago when I lived in Calgary I decided I needed a new bridge for my Tele. So I drive down to Long & McQuade, and buy what the guy tells me is drilled correctly for the type/year of tele I have. for $39.95. I drive home and the hole configuration is wrong, no big deal. I drive back and explain the situation so he (same guy) pulls out a new one with the correct configuration for $40.00 and HE SITS AND WAITS FOR THE NICKEL!!! I thought he was kidding, but no. So i'm fumbling through my pockets looking for change (I sure as hell ain't using my debit or credit card for a friggin nickel) I don't have any. He's still waiting! I'm just about to tell him to F*** Off when this girl hands me a nickel and says "he must really need it" I hand it to him and tell him I won't be back, and I really don't think he understood why.

WANKER!
fish
Bronze Member

Location: somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert

Postby oddioguy » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:30 pm

@ Malcolm - He is writing a first-hand version that will be sent to Musicstop. This version is how he related the event to me.

@ fish - BWAHAHAHA. I've got a few similar tales. Sad situation when people are that numb.
"Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers"
oddioguy
Thom Chandler

Postby thebunk » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:36 pm

fish wrote:I can go one better. In fact this may be the worst thing I've ever seen in a music store (NOT MusicStop) A few years ago when I lived in Calgary I decided I needed a new bridge for my Tele. So I drive down to Long & McQuade, and buy what the guy tells me is drilled correctly for the type/year of tele I have. for $39.95. I drive home and the hole configuration is wrong, no big deal. I drive back and explain the situation so he (same guy) pulls out a new one with the correct configuration for $40.00 and HE SITS AND WAITS FOR THE NICKEL!!! I thought he was kidding, but no. So i'm fumbling through my pockets looking for change (I sure as hell ain't using my debit or credit card for a friggin nickel) I don't have any. He's still waiting! I'm just about to tell him to F*** Off when this girl hands me a nickel and says "he must really need it" I hand it to him and tell him I won't be back, and I really don't think he understood why.

WANKER!

Man, that is soooo bad.

That being said, I am glad Hugga is no more. I always disliked the owner's son. I would go in to look around and the guy would stalk as if I was going to grab an SG, stick down my pants then bolt for the door. On the other end of the spectrum, you ask the guy if you can try out a pedal and you are treated to a 15 minute performance by him!

Good riddence asshole.
thebunk

Return to The Coffee Shop