Giraffecycle...

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

Giraffecycle...

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:11 pm

I welcome anyone browsing because of the little exchange of opinions over there today. I knew it was only a matter of time before things got locked down hard.

I offer a little space to become a resource for people interested in improving the scene around our little area. Many of the mods here actually work in the business in one capacity or another. Ask them questions, they'll answer.

I think it's a shame that a site, with as much traffic as g-cycle has, doesn't seem to be interested in being anything but a private club to hang out in, and maybe someone will try to post something about music in or around the noise. I wouldn't pick on them if the title of the parent site didn't say: "Information about the Greater Saint John music scene."...

I hope I'm correct in assuming that enough people feel the same as I and some of my friends do, to make things happen around here.

We'll see.

Cheers,
Malcolm
User avatar
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host
 
Posts: 3678
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:07 am
Location: Saint John, NB

Re: Giraffecycle...

Postby oddioguy » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:36 pm

Malcolm Boyce wrote:I welcome anyone browsing because of the little exchange of opinions over there today. I knew it was only a matter of time before things got locked down hard.

I offer a little space to become a resource for people interested in improving the scene around our little area. Many of the mods here actually work in the business in one capacity or another. Ask them questions, they'll answer.

I think it's a shame that a site, with as much traffic as g-cycle has, doesn't seem to be interested in being anything but a private club to hang out in, and maybe someone will try to post something about music in or around the noise. I wouldn't pick on them if the title of the parent site didn't say: "Information about the Greater Saint John music scene."...

I hope I'm correct in assuming that enough people feel the same as I and some of my friends do, to make things happen around here.

We'll see.

Cheers,
Malcolm

My only experience with that site was the last exchange you posted about a guy selling an amp. Didn't impress me much. Good for a laff though...
"Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers"
User avatar
oddioguy
Thom Chandler
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:42 am
Location: Under a black cloud

Postby oddioguy » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:28 pm

WTF?...You have to register just to lurk?
Not worth the effort.
"Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers"
User avatar
oddioguy
Thom Chandler
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:42 am
Location: Under a black cloud

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:44 pm

oddioguy wrote:WTF?...You have to register just to lurk?
Not worth the effort.
That's just one of the many things wrong with that place. It wasn't always like that, otherwise it would never have gotten me in there.

I should know better than to go into the place... I imagine it's only a matter of time before I get myself banned, and I can't be bothered to re-list under a new name...

As you said, "Not worth the effort".
User avatar
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host
 
Posts: 3678
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:07 am
Location: Saint John, NB

Postby thebunk » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:05 am

Hey all. Cool site. Hope to pick up some home recording tips.
thebunk
Newbie
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:03 am

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:31 am

Hey Bunk,

Glad you made it over.

Recording tips are free with every membership... ;-)
User avatar
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host
 
Posts: 3678
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:07 am
Location: Saint John, NB

Postby fish » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:10 pm

thebunk wrote:Hey all. Cool site. Hope to pick up some home recording tips.


Hey Bunk,

How's things?
User avatar
fish
Bronze Member
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:33 am
Location: somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert


Return to The Coffee Shop

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron