Giraffecycle...

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

Giraffecycle...

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:11 pm

I welcome anyone browsing because of the little exchange of opinions over there today. I knew it was only a matter of time before things got locked down hard.

I offer a little space to become a resource for people interested in improving the scene around our little area. Many of the mods here actually work in the business in one capacity or another. Ask them questions, they'll answer.

I think it's a shame that a site, with as much traffic as g-cycle has, doesn't seem to be interested in being anything but a private club to hang out in, and maybe someone will try to post something about music in or around the noise. I wouldn't pick on them if the title of the parent site didn't say: "Information about the Greater Saint John music scene."...

I hope I'm correct in assuming that enough people feel the same as I and some of my friends do, to make things happen around here.

We'll see.

Cheers,
Malcolm
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Re: Giraffecycle...

Postby oddioguy » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:36 pm

Malcolm Boyce wrote:I welcome anyone browsing because of the little exchange of opinions over there today. I knew it was only a matter of time before things got locked down hard.

I offer a little space to become a resource for people interested in improving the scene around our little area. Many of the mods here actually work in the business in one capacity or another. Ask them questions, they'll answer.

I think it's a shame that a site, with as much traffic as g-cycle has, doesn't seem to be interested in being anything but a private club to hang out in, and maybe someone will try to post something about music in or around the noise. I wouldn't pick on them if the title of the parent site didn't say: "Information about the Greater Saint John music scene."...

I hope I'm correct in assuming that enough people feel the same as I and some of my friends do, to make things happen around here.

We'll see.

Cheers,
Malcolm

My only experience with that site was the last exchange you posted about a guy selling an amp. Didn't impress me much. Good for a laff though...
"Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers"
oddioguy
Thom Chandler

Postby oddioguy » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:28 pm

WTF?...You have to register just to lurk?
Not worth the effort.
"Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers"
oddioguy
Thom Chandler

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:44 pm

oddioguy wrote:WTF?...You have to register just to lurk?
Not worth the effort.
That's just one of the many things wrong with that place. It wasn't always like that, otherwise it would never have gotten me in there.

I should know better than to go into the place... I imagine it's only a matter of time before I get myself banned, and I can't be bothered to re-list under a new name...

As you said, "Not worth the effort".
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby thebunk » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:05 am

Hey all. Cool site. Hope to pick up some home recording tips.
thebunk

Postby Malcolm Boyce » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:31 pm

Hey Bunk,

Glad you made it over.

Recording tips are free with every membership... ;-)
Malcolm Boyce
Your Humble Host

Postby fish » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:10 pm

thebunk wrote:Hey all. Cool site. Hope to pick up some home recording tips.

Hey Bunk,

How's things?
fish
Bronze Member

Location: somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert

Return to The Coffee Shop