Looking

Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else.

Looking

Postby ruler » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:36 pm

Hey to all
I am looking for anyhands on work anywhere around Saint John even if it just helping out or watch, no pay need (Free). Any Help would mean alote.
Last edited by ruler on Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ruler

Postby Jef » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:21 pm

Are you able to lift heavy objects? :twisted:
"I did what any good producer would do. I rolled a fatty." - Mixerman -
Jef
Gold Member

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:53 am

You are looking to volunteer your time, you mean? If so what kind of work are you looking to do...? We always have plenty of fun stuff to do at Fluid Audio Group. How's your soldering skills? Do you have any construction experience? :lol:

I take it you mean recording type work? I might have a few little project going on this month and I like the concept of free assistants. Of course, I'd buy you lunch... ;-)
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

Mathieu Benoit - Fluid Productions
www.fluidaudiogroup.com
www.facebook.com/FluidAudioGroup
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Alain Benoit » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:47 am

I often have people just like yourself come in to Fluid Audio Group to trade labour for knowledge and experience. Some enjoy it and learn and come back, some just dont cut it. Feel free to contact us and we'll give you a try.
www.fluidaudiogroup.com

"No one has time to do it right, but we all seem to have time to do it twice."
Alain Benoit
Self Biased Resistor

Postby ruler » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:16 am

Drumwaiter wrote:You are looking to volunteer your time, you mean? If so what kind of work are you looking to do...? We always have plenty of fun stuff to do at Fluid Audio Group. How's your soldering skills? Do you have any construction experience? :lol:

I take it you mean recording type work? I might have a few little project going on this month and I like the concept of free assistants. Of course, I'd buy you lunch... ;-)

I am looking for anything to get my foot in the door. soldering i have done it but i don't think i very good at it. and construction umm well yes i do in one way or a nother. and i mean any type of work don't matter to me if i don't know how to do it i learn if i do then good. Yeah it would be free but it would have to be after 430 on weekday and weekends it does not matter.

PS: Jef i can lift heavy objects... More then most people i do, i would with my family and they do wood so i am very fit. thank you very much :-D
ruler

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:11 am

ruler wrote:
Drumwaiter wrote:You are looking to volunteer your time, you mean? If so what kind of work are you looking to do...? We always have plenty of fun stuff to do at Fluid Audio Group. How's your soldering skills? Do you have any construction experience? :lol:

I am looking for anything to get my foot in the door. soldering i have done it but i don't think i very good at it. and construction umm well yes i do in one way or a nother. and i mean any type of work don't matter to me if i don't know how to do it i learn if i do then good. Yeah it would be free but it would have to be after 430 on weekday and weekends it does not matter.

PS: Jef i can lift heavy objects... More then most people i do, i would with my family and they do wood so i am very fit. thank you very much :-D

In that case try getting a hold of Alain or I, and we can set up a meet and greet. You can come up to the studio, we'll show you around, give you an idea of what we do and see if there's any aspect of what we do that interests you. Like Alain says, we don't mind trading experience and knowledge for labour.

PM Alain as I'm pretty busy for the next 25 days, and you can work something out.
"Volume automation takes time. You don't got that kinda time. You could be getting naked with somebody somewhere." -Slipperman

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby ruler » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:39 am

Drumwaiter wrote:
ruler wrote:

In that case try getting a hold of Alain or I, and we can set up a meet and greet. You can come up to the studio, we'll show you around, give you an idea of what we do and see if there's any aspect of what we do that interests you. Like Alain says, we don't mind trading experience and knowledge for labour.

PM Alain as I'm pretty busy for the next 25 days, and you can work something out.

i would really like to do that. i well definitely contact him and set up something.
Last edited by ruler on Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ruler

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:46 am

Sounds good. Looking forward to meeting you.

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby Jef » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:48 am

Just joking with ya there, Ruler. ;-)
You weren't being too specific as to what type of work you are looking for.
I must admit though, your eagerness and enthusiasm to break into the
recording bidness is very commendable. You remind me much of myself
as a young man. I too was a sponge, eager to absorb and learn anything
and everything I could about sound engineering.
This is the kind of attitude that will take you a long way, not just in your
chosen career, but in life in general.
Get to know the people of this forum and anyone else who does this type
of work. As Matt (Drumwaiter) mentioned, having an assistant is a
valuable resource but most times, not affordable. Trading work for
knowledge is a sure fire way to get your foot in the door. I can't speak
for everyone else here, but I would certainly welcome the opportunity
to assist someone such as yourself.
Also, another area where you might learn a great deal about sound would
be to offer to help out with live production events. Live sound is a lot different
from studio work, but still is a great place to learn. Even if you have to
volunteer as a roadie to get you started, it will help you with a lot of the
basics like cabeling, mic placement, etc.
Good luck in your endeavors and I too will keep you in mind if I have
anything come up in the near future that could be of benefit to you.
"I did what any good producer would do. I rolled a fatty." - Mixerman -
Jef
Gold Member

Postby ruler » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:48 am

Drumwaiter wrote:Sounds good. Looking forward to meeting you.

And am looking forward to meeting you and everyone one els too.
ruler

Postby ruler » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:02 pm

Jef wrote:Just joking with ya there, Ruler. ;-)
You weren't being too specific as to what type of work you are looking for.
I must admit though, your eagerness and enthusiasm to break into the
recording bidness is very commendable. You remind me much of myself
as a young man. I too was a sponge, eager to absorb and learn anything
and everything I could about sound engineering.
This is the kind of attitude that will take you a long way, not just in your
chosen career, but in life in general.
Get to know the people of this forum and anyone else who does this type
of work. As Matt (Drumwaiter) mentioned, having an assistant is a
valuable resource but most times, not affordable. Trading work for
knowledge is a sure fire way to get your foot in the door. I can't speak
for everyone else here, but I would certainly welcome the opportunity
to assist someone such as yourself.
Also, another area where you might learn a great deal about sound would
be to offer to help out with live production events. Live sound is a lot different
from studio work, but still is a great place to learn. Even if you have to
volunteer as a roadie to get you started, it will help you with a lot of the
basics like cabeling, mic placement, etc.
Good luck in your endeavors and I too will keep you in mind if I have
anything come up in the near future that could be of benefit to you.

yeah i know you where joking :-D and your right eager to get in to it thanx to Malcolm i am on this site talking and learning Thank you Malcolm, be for i new about this i did not know where to go for this kinda thing... so it was kinda hard.

yeah Live sound is sweet to, I love it all.. how the hell do you volunteer as a roadie or anything anyways and i know most of the basics i did do this in high school for 4 year at HHS..
ruler

Postby Mathieu Benoit » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:32 pm

ruler wrote:
yeah Live sound is sweet to, I love it all.. how the hell do you volunteer as a roadie or anything anyways and i know most of the basics i did do this in high school for 4 year at HHS..

You can start by carrying my drums around... :roll:

Seriously, Harbour Station is usually looking for stagehands for their big events. Does anyone know who's running the show down there anymore? It's not IATSE is it? I haven't worked there in forever, so I'm out of the loop.

Otherwise my suggestion is to get to know a band and follow them around and help them with their tech stuff. Maybe Roachie needs an assistant when he does live sounds at the 3-mile or A-Khord.

I'm sure we can find something for you man. ;-)

www.fluidaudiogroup.com
Mathieu Benoit
Drumwaiter

Postby ruler » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:48 pm

Drumwaiter wrote:
ruler wrote:

You can start by carrying my drums around... :roll:

Seriously, Harbour Station is usually looking for stagehands for their big events. Does anyone know who's running the show down there anymore? It's not IATSE is it? I haven't worked there in forever, so I'm out of the loop.

Otherwise my suggestion is to get to know a band and follow them around and help them with their tech stuff. Maybe Roachie needs an assistant when he does live sounds at the 3-mile or A-Khord.

I'm sure we can find something for you man. ;-)

oohh yeah i love to carry around your drums.. hahah Kiding

yeah any help would be good. thsnx
ruler

Postby ruler » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:56 pm

Just tell me a time and a place and i well be there...
ruler

Return to The Coffee Shop